forty-six; i am unicorn

ابدأ من البداية

"Not true: In college I was in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. I played the forum"

"They are gonna have some help, though. I have decided to include a student director this year."

"Mr. Schue, I'm honored, but Barbra was forty when she directed herself in Yentl so it's just, it's too soon," Rachel spoke.

"I was actually hoping that Artie would take the job."

"Me? I've developed my whole persona around conflict avoidance."

"Come on, Artie. You've made short films. Directing is your dream," Tina encouraged, making Winona nod excitedly.

"Yeah, if anyone can do it, it's you."

Reluctantly, Artie agreed, "I'm in."

Glee club was dismissed, everyone exiting at different paces. Before Winona skipped into the hall to catch up with her boyfriend, Finn stopped her.

"Winnie, you kept searching for this girl without me?  And you went to Jesse?" He sounded hurt.

"Look, it was just. . awkward, okay? We failed at looking for twenty minutes, so I took matters into my own hands."

"I thought we were doing this together," He whined, "I wanna at least help you interrogate them."

"Fine, I'll take Natalia, you do Jessica."

"Who's doing who for what?" Rachel asked, jumping into their conversation. Instead of sighing in annoyance, Winona forced a smile.

"Why don't you interrogate Lydia, Rachel? We need a third person to help anyways."

"Happily!" Rachel responded, before Winona waved goodbye to go find Ross, leaving Rachel to flirt relentlessly with Finn.

( — — )

For her audition song, Winona sang a song that Rachel surely wouldn't approve of— Don't Rain On my Parade. In her mind, she sounded amazing, better than Rachel, even. The directors seemed to like it too, which was what really mattered. Her and Kurt decided to eavesdrop on the directors, hoping they could get an idea of who they might be playing.

"Okay, Marias— For me, it's Rachel Berry. I'm just a huge fan. She's got the eye of the tiger, which I like. She's Jewish, but I think that helps with the whole Peurto-Rican thing," Beiste began, moving her hands around to accentuate her points.

"But we do have Mercedes Jones coming in. For my money, she has the most soulful voice here at McKinley."

"Yeah, and she's not white either, which I like for Maria. So we'll keep an open mind."

"Okie-doke. Next, I vote Winona for Grazziella. She'd do an amazing job," Emma brought up.

"I second that," Agreed Beiste.

Winona and Kurt high fived quietly, celebrating her landing a role.

"I agree. She'll rock as anyone, honestly. Moving on. ."

"Um. . . Kurt Hummel for Tony. I mean let's talk about star quality, shall we?" Emma said, smiling.

"Kurt was awesome."

"No question. He owned that song like it was his prison bitch," Beiste told the others, "My thing is, Tony's supposed to be from the streets. He's the leader of the Jets - an alpha gang member. I look at Kurt and I don't believe it."

Kurt frowned, Winona putting a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Well, respectfully, Coach, Tony's retired from the Jets. He's a poet of the open jungle. There is a delicate wholesomeness to Kurt that's unexpected but not unwelcome for Tony. If I were Maria, I'd love to be held in Kurt's toothpick arms on my fire escape."