Chapter 26

(Warning, Daddy kink in this one. ❤)

--- Fox's POV ---

I had some free time, as my two quests for the day had showed up right after I left Xander. They were something about mooning three nobles, and seducing another ten people. It had been hard work, and I changed back into my favored outfit of shorts and tee afterward.

So, I was walking through the halls of the castle, not thinking about where I was going, like usual. Unlike usual, I bumped into someone.

They steadied me before I could fall, chuckling. "How many tines have I told you not to walk around while reading a book?"

I shrugged sheepishly, "It's a really good one."

Preston shook his head, "It's funny how you act exactly the same as you used to."

I smiled and changed the subject. "By the way, how's your brother?"

Preston rubbed the back of his neck, "He's doing okay. He says hi."

"Tell him I said hi back." I glanced at my book again, and Preston frowned.

"Go into the library to read, I know you're going to end up tripping over something."

I stuck my tongue out at him, and continued down the hallway. The library was where I was going in the first place.

Opening the big doors, I didn't see anyone inside, but hearing hushed murmurs, I knew that wasn't the case. The library was huge, and it was my favorite place in the castle.

Aside from the sex dungeon, of course.

I found a cozy little spot to curl up in and read my book. About a half hour later, I finished my book. I wiped away a tear, saddened by the depressing ending.

I looked to my right, deciding to get another book, and noticed I was next to the erotica section.

What a coincidence.

I chose a book at random and started reading. After a few minutes, I was a couple chapters in, and slightly turned on. I flipped to the next page, intrigued, when a loud crash echoed through the library. Books shook on their shelves, and I heard the muffled thump of one falling to the carpet a couple aisles away.

I wasn't too far from the entrance, just around the corner behind a bookshelf, so I got up and took a look.

Xander stomped into the library, and I quickly ducked back. He looked really mad. The crash must've been from how hard he opened the doors.

Why is he still looking for me? It's been, like, three or four hours!

The footsteps got closer, and I scrambled around for a place to hide. I teleported on top of one of the tall bookshelves, and immediately regretted the choice.

I hugged it desperately as I wobbled almost 30 feet in the air. The bookshelves were pretty big.

I watched Xander as he marched through the library, following the handsome boy down the aisles. Eventually he gave up and left. I sighed with relief, relaxing.

I didn't know why I was scared of him, maybe it was because he looked so menacing.

I teleported down, and picked my book up again. I wanted to go back to my room, so I went to the front desk to check it out. The librarian took her damn time, but I finally escaped the library.

Take that, Mr. Lemoncello!

But as I closed the large doors, I heard someone clear their throat. I slowly turned around, and gulped as Xander towered over me, looking cross.