Chapter 13

--- Xander's POV ---

I carried Fox's limp body up the stairs. We had no choice but to stay in the cabin. There was forest all around us for miles.

We were going to call for help, but Fox stopped us, weakly shaking his head. He had woken up for a moment after passing out, but was too weak to walk by himself. Although he had enough strength to hide his ears and tails so I would have an easier time carrying him.

His breathing was shallow, but fast. He was only half-conscious, and his cheeks were flushed with fever. He seemed unnaturally warm, and I actually pulled my hand back quickly after touching his forehead. It felt like I was burned.

We had no medical supplies, but there were bedrooms, and I went into the first bedroom I saw.

Laying Fox down onto the bed, I shook their shoulder. "Fox, if you don't want us to call for help, what should we do?" He groaned and pressed a hand to their forehead.

I shook him again and he squinted at me. I had removed his glasses so he would be more comfortable. "Xander? Don't-don't call the hospital. Um, uh..." He seemed unsure about something, but squeezed his eyes shut in pain. "Just go on my phone, Aither knows the password. All three of you, call Dion. If he doesn't pick up, call Dia." His voice was strained.

"Where's your phone?" He weakly pointed at his jean pocket, next to the bulge in his pants.

"Fox, why are you so turned on?" I was tempted to tease him, but whatever sickness he had seemed serious. I took the phone from his pocket.

"I don't know." He arched his back, grinding his ass on the bed. "But it's starting to fucking hurt."

"Do you want me to help-"

"No." He cut me off. The look in his eyes made me lose my breath. "Call Dion. Get help." His voice was weaker, he was losing his grip on consciousness.

I held his hand for a second, looking into his eyes. Then he passed out. I left the room, running down the stairs.

"Fox told me to call someone named Dion. And if they don't pick up, to call Dia."

"Oh, they're Fox's cousins," Aither informed. Raiden and I looked at him. He ran a hand through his hair. "Do you think they're demons too?"

"Let's find out." I handed the phone to Aither and he called Dion.

It rang.

This is so weird. There's a demon upstairs, werewolves are real, and I was attacked by them, and Raiden's a merman.

I looked at him from the corner of my eye. He didn't seem very merman-like, but I was basing that off of the Aquaman movie I saw.

Click.

"Hello?"

Aither was our spokesperson. "Um, hi. Uh, I'm Fox's friend, Aither."

"Hello, Aither. Why are you calling?" Fox's cousin sounded like he was in his early twenties. He had a pleasant voice. Kind of stiff, though.

"Fox... Told us everything. About how they're not human." Aither hesitated, he wasn't sure if Dion actually was Fox's cousin, or even knew about Fox being a demon. Dion didn't respond. "Hello? Dion?"

"I'm here. Did you humans force Fox to tell you?" Dion's tone was calm, but his words weren't.

"No, no, of course not! And I already knew supernatural creatures existed." Aither glanced at Raiden.

"Sorry, give me a second." There was the sound of shuffling papers and voices. "Okay. Aither, Fox's best friend, right?"

"Yes! Yes, that's me."