Chapter 2

--- Xander's POV ---

I entered the small shop, looking around for Aither. Spotting him, I strolled toward their booth.

Aither saw me coming and waved. The person beside him was occupied on their phone and didn't notice. They tucked a strand of purple hair behind their ear.

"Hey, Xander," Aither greeted, raising the attention of the person next to him.

"Hey. So, who's..." I started, trailing off when his friend lifted their head. They raised their eyebrows at me, surveying me coolly. I couldn't pull my gaze away, seeing a pink tongue dart out from between full lips.

The image echoed in my head, knocking any other thoughts straight out the window.

I slid into the seat across from them. "You must be Fox."

"Do you know anyone else with purple hair?" He smirked. Aither elbowed him and he laughed. "Yeah, I'm Fox. And you are?"

"Xander."

"Nice to meet you, Xander." I liked the way he said my name. Every time he spoke it was like he was purring, which made me like him even more.

"It's nice to meet you too."

A waitress came to take our order. I wasn't sure what I wanted yet, but Fox and Aither ordered.

"Xander, you're transferring into our school, right?" Aither asked.

"Yeah." I leaned back in my seat. "I just got a new apartment."

The waitress came back, this time with Fox and Aither's orders.

I ordered a soda, then excused myself. I made my way to the bathroom, dodging a stray child on the way.

I locked myself in a stall, pacing in the small area. I need to calm the fuck down. If I didn't get myself under control, I was going to end up jumping him in the middle of the cafe.

He had a slight, feminine figure, with an adorable face and black glasses that would look boring on anyone else but him. His mischievous black eyes were at a contrast with his innocent pout. And light brown skin that drives me crazy.

I left the stall, ignoring the strange look I got from another customer.

I leaned over the sink and studied myself in the mirror. I blew my short ebony hair out of my eyes, which were two different colors. One dark brown and the other blue. I'd been called weird because of it my whole life.

My dark hair made my pale skin even paler. It gave me weird vampire vibes.

I breathed out, and went back to the booth. As I sat down, I noticed Aither was looking at me with a weird expression.

"What? There something on my face?" I frowned.

"Nothing." He looked away, and I narrowed my eyes, but didn't say anything.

We stayed at the restaurant for about two more hours, and Aither kept glancing at me. I paid for the food and drinks, then walked Fox and Aither outside.

"I had fun. Want to hang out again sometime?" Fox smiled.

"Sure." I gave him my number. A truck pulled into the parking lot, and Fox got into the passenger seat.

I was about to get into my car, when Aither called my name.

"Uh, I know this sounds weird, but you have a chance." He shoved his hands in his pockets.

"A chance?" I leaned against the side of my red BMW, keys jingling in my hand.

"With Fox." He was going to continue, but Fox called for him to hurry up.