Chapter 25

N/A - Sorry, I don't really know what spas look like... 😑😅😅

--- Fox's POV ---

After the party I retired to my chambers, hoping that my second challenge would make its unwanted appearance before I fell asleep.

And it did.

Give someone a sexy massage.

Just... Just "someone"? Seriously?

Even though I snorted at this challenge, a little flower of unease bloomed in the pit of my stomach.

My friends would definitely say that I was the "extrovert" of the group. But, a part of me quailed at the thought of casual contact with people I didn't know. I would refuse to go to a party with other people because I was afraid of socializing with strangers.

But, from a dark corner of my brain, I had a "genius" thought.

What if I just blindfolded them? Then I wouldn't have to be embarrassed.

I didn't have a blindfold on hand, but then it occurred to me that I did.

In the top drawer of my dresser.

Then, all I needed was a victim.

Instinctually, I thought of Xander. But my knees went weak and blood rushed to my cheeks.

So, I chose a random noble that I had seen at breakfast in the morning. Did I know her name? Nope. But I knew she was single, so no chance of me enraging someone's lover.

It's a win-win.

I tracked them down, asking around for their room and what she was doing at the moment.

I found out she was at the castle's spa, which was perfect. I walked into the room, immediately noticing that there was a source of heat coming from the ladies' spa.

I kept my clothes on, and laid a hand on the door, ready to go in. But a weird feeling made me pause.

It was weird to think about doing this to someone. Someone other than Xander.

But why? I wouldn't call him anything more than a friend. Well, actually, we're more like friends with benefits.

I was puzzled, but when I heard talking from inside the ladies' spa, I knew I had to make up my mind.

I chose the noble.

Putting on a calm, even expression, I opened the door to the spa. Steam rolled out, and I relaxed, enjoying the heat seeping into me.

I spotted the honey colored hair from across the spa. The noble was relaxing on a bench, waiting for her turn for a massage. Before she could see me, I scurried to the side.

When she got up to take her place on the massage table, I swapped places with her masseur. I tapped two fingers on the side of his neck, sending a pulse of magic through him and effectively knocking him out.

I cursed silently. It was on instinct.

I draped the masseur's body on the bench. Luckily, the noble had opted for a face mask, having placed cucumbers over her eyes.

I attempted to crack my knuckles in a pitiful attempt to psych myself up.

The noble had removed her robe, and was lying face up on the table with only a towel.

I started kneading her shoulders, and carefully worked my way down her sides. She giggled a little, and I winced.

Here goes nothing.