Chapter XXXII

I get so nervous to see Kakashi because it feels like every moment between us now is bittersweet. the love grown not only toward him but toward life won't keep me alive. So everytime we separate I fear it's for good and I know he's thinking the same. Today was another one of those lazy days were we did nothing but lay in bed with little to no chit chat.

"Is there anything you want to do?" he asked suddenly. I curiously look toward him and hum in confusion. He sighed heavily. "Like a bucket list." he explained causing my eyes to widened.

The certainty of death is unsettling to me and it occasionally slipped my mind. "I guess I've been trying not to think about to much."

"Well what do you wanna do? Where do you wanna go?" he asked sitting up.

I continued to lay on my back in thought. "I kinda already have everything I've ever wanted." Kakashi tilted his head and sighed again.

"Really?" he asked kinda confused by my lack of drive.

"Yea, I have a family finally. A nice room. Stability. You. I think I have it all." I sit up beside him and lean in to kiss him.

We connected our lips before he looked down. "So nothing really special you wanna do?"

"Well I know how you feel about the atasuki but I wanna see them one last time. They were some of my closest friends for years and they're like distant family." he nods.

"That's it?"

I look to the ceiling to think again because it felt like I should want to do more but I couldn't think of much. Then an idea came to my mind and my eyes light up at the thought.

~*~

I held the plastic bag close to torso as we drive there the familiar neighborhood. Wind lightly wafts my hair behind me as I look to Kakashi beside me. He drove with one hand on the wheel and the other holding my hand tightly. He glanced my way before giving me a light nod.

"What?" he ask confused on why I stared at him so anxiously. I knew he was stressed but he also looked kinda excited.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Are you?" he asked back causing me to smile.

"I'm kinda excited. I wanna see this bastard get what's coming to him." I exclaimed as we pull into a driveway. We hastily get out of the car and stand in front of myold home. I open the plastic bag to reveal a cart of eggs ready to be fired off at the house. We quietly open the cart and look at twelve beautiful eggs.

I take one and harshly throw it at the front door and another before Kakashi joins me. I throw my hands up in victory and chuck the last four eggs in a window as Kakashi starts with the toilet paper.

"Hurry!" he whispered causing me to quietly laugh while throwing the toilet paper at the abusive family's home. I wished the worst to my last foster family while closing the car door and shouting to the the sky.

"Fuck you!" I exclaimed as Kakashi drives off. He speeds to the stop sign before slowing down and looking toward me. He panted softly with both hands on the wheel. The soon to be college student typically didn't participate in any bad behavior unless it was related to me so I was ecstatic he did this with me.

"Thank you so much." I say giving him a kiss on the cheek. He smiled at my affection.

"No problem. Just think about what we're doing tomorrow." I said causing me to smirk. For a second I forgot just how uncertain tomorrow was for me.

~*~

The next morning Kakashi dropped me off at Obito's new apartment. It was weird to think he had managed to move out but he's been working at it for years. He's been saving and working so hard and it's finally payed off. He has a roommate who he says is never home and I was surprised to find out it was Deidara. His mom has been trying to get him out ever seen he graduated last year.

I think Obito got tired of giving at the orphanage. He's been more closed off since graduation and I think it's because of the change he and Rin's relationship has gone through. With him getting an apartment and having two jobs he doesn't have as much time and I think Rin views that as him not having time for her. I think they just think about life too differently. Rin is a spoiled daddies and has always been view as a bit of an angel child. While Obito has always been considered a 'delinquent orphan'.

Since he's been a little distant I haven't seen him in person since graduation at all. He's been working hard tho and I'm proud of him. That's why I'm so nervous to tell him about my condition. He seems well off and because he's a little more emotional I fear seeing him genuinely sad.

After he heard the news his head dropped and his questions started. He sat across from me with his hand over his eye rubbing his face.

"Is there nothing that can be done at all?"

"No." I tell him softly taking his hand in worry.

"Why didn't you tell me a month ago? or even sooner?" he asked in slightly frustration but I tried to be understanding.

"I didn't know how and I didn't want to get in the way of your growth." he drops his hand and his eyes finally mean mine. He pulls his hand back.

"Wh- How?" I kinda froze up not entirely sure of how to explain. I don't think I've ever cared for people this much so this process was hard.

"I don't know- I was just think about not distracting you from al your progress. I mean, I've been watching you for so long and you've grown so much. I'm so damn proud of you that I didn't want to say anything." After a couple seconds he lunged across the table and I open my arms to hug him back.

"Thank you for saying that."

~*~

there are only about two or three chapters left. i wanna finish this soon so thank you for the support and good words. i like this series and i think it's good work i've just changed, grown, and just gotten so much older since i started this.