Chapter VIII

Kakashi's POV

(Y/n) just got out of her surgery. They she was stable for now. Key words for and now. I know she promised me she'd come out okay but you could never really promise something like that. I sat in the waiting area with my feet flat and my elbows on my knees. I leaned into my hands and I look at the ground. 

Dr. Avery, (Y/n)'s doctor walked up to me. I look up at him and he worked next to me and sat in the chair beside me. I sit up and look at him. "Are you worried?" he asked and I nod at him "Don't be. She's fine I'm just going to let you know something that I haven't even told her parents. But I want to make sure you want to know." he asked. I nod again waiting for the news and readying myself. "Well (Y/n) has a disease that she developed because of the Non-CF Bronchiectasis she has." he started to explain. "When airways widen and become weak, mucus can build up and enable bacteria to grow—leading to infections that cause further damage." he finished explaining how it works.

"But doesn't Non-CF Bronchiectasis mostly affect woman over sixty?" I asked as I did do some research. 

"Yes usually she just got really unlucky because the chance someone her age isn't high at all." he said but he looked over. "She should have too many more problems after this now. For now she is strong and she is fine now. She would probably be better if she had said something early but right now she is okay." he says.

I sigh out a lean sigh and lean back, stretching. "Good she's okay." I say standing up. He stands back up as well and puts his hands in the pockets of his white coat. He took a sharp breath. "I gotta get back to work. Bye." I wave at him as he leaves me where I stand.

~*~

I walk toward the room and meet eyes with Obito. "Oh hi Kakashi." He said loud enough for me to hear him. He looked as per usual. 

"Hey Obito. What are you doing here?" I ask him. He looks at me and shrugs smirking.

"She is my bestfriend. I heard she was in the hospital and brought her these flowers. I also wanted to thank her." he said scratching the back on her neck and smiling a wide smile. I held the flowers in his unoccupied hand. They were some flowers that I saw her draw pretty often, (Favorite flower).

"Thank her what?" I ask him looking from the flowers to his face. 

"She been on my back about not saying anything to Rin about me feelings. I was a little mad at her when she beat her up but I 'm over it now." he said. I look down and nod. "Are you here to see (Y/n) too?" he asked I look up at him and nod.

"Yeah." For the sake of him knowing I start to explain what happened with both her disease and other problems. 

"Woah that's a lot." he started slightly frowning. The sadness in his eyes ended quickly and hope flooded them again. "Well she has us and the other Uchiha's here for her. Routing for her on the side lines." I look at his hopefulness as he spoke. I give him a closed eyed smile and nod,

"Yea. She does..." I trail off and he nodded.

"Well let's go see her I heard she was awake." he exclaimed and started to continue to her room. I nod and walk behind him. We start to get close to the room and open the door. (Y/n) was eating a bunch of hospital foods. I look around at the room and see Itachi he was in a chair not far from the bed. He was flipping there her sketch book slowly. Obito ran over to her and hopped over the foot board on the bottom of the bed. He sat in her bed. "What the hell! Why didn't you tell me anything." he asked (Y/n) with a mouth filled with noodles. She slurped up the noodles that hung from her mouth. 

"First of all. Don't bust into my room like you crazy or something! Trying to scare me and Itachi. You mess around and run in and get knocked to hell out! Second of all. I don't know what you are talking about you big-mouthed foolish and ugly beast!" she exclaimed.

I walk in further and see Obito's frustrated face. He grabs her chin. My eyes widen as I feel slightly jealous. Wait no I don't! "Look at me." her eyes shift toward him. "You don't act tough with me. I know what happened now but why weren't you the one to tell me?!" he asked. (Y/n) looked away from him and toward me for help. "Don't look at him damn it!" he yelled at her. She look back at him.

"I was... scared..." she said quietly. She looked toward to ground and removed Obito's hand. 

"I know you are." He stated laughing. She punched him the arm and he squealed. He rolled out of the bed. I take his place and sit my hand onto hers. She slightly gasps as her eyes widened. 

"You don't have to be." she smiled at me and grips my hand. I hold hers tightly.

"I know that now." she said and smiled widely leaning forward slightly close. I give her wide closed-eyed smile and look into her eyes as she does mine.