Chapter XXXI

"Hey..." I heard a soft voice in my ear. I hummed softly already having quite the headache. I clear my throat and shift my body weight as I start to open my eyes. I was met with Kakashi's room. I raise my eyebrows and realize that he was laying behind me with his arms around my waist. He bare chest warmed my back and I smiled at the comfortable feeling.

"Hey." I say softly in response. I blink softly and turn over so I was facing him. "What time is it?" I asked softly.

"A little after ten."

"Why would you wake me up this early?" I asked the grey haired male. He shrugged and I sigh softly before thinking about something. I tap my fingers against his chest in thought. I mindlessly looked down to the covers on top of us.

"What's wrong?" Kakashi questioned looking at me with curious eyes. I look from the covers back up at the black orbs.

"Um... I don't know how to tell you this..." I say softly looking down and away from his glaze again.

Kakashi softly held my chin with his hand and moved my face so I was facing him. I stare at his lips as he speaks. "You don't have to be scared to tell me anything." He tells me. I smirk and look up at his eyes.

"It's not that I'm afraid to tell you, I'm afraid I'll hurt you." I tell him. I take his hand as Kakashi's expression changed. He was noticeably confused by my words. I rub my finger over his hand.

"I don't know if you'll be disgusted by this the way I am but my parents were brother and sister... I was a product of their incest and I am likely to die soon because of them." I say softly. I held back my tears and opened my eyes to be met with Kakashi's face trying to process what I said. His lips parted and he stared into my (e/c) eyes in confusion. I watch as horror slowly consumed his expression in my own pain. I'd never seen that face before not from the typically pretty confident and strong Kakashi.

"What does that mean?" he asked with confised eyes staring through me. I mentally look for a way to explain.

"My immune system is more or less attacking itself. my body has already been weakened so much that I'm loosing time." I explained as calmly as I could without bursting into tears.

His eyes frustratedly come to meet mine again. I squeeze his hand and he pulls my toward him.

"How did you find out?" He finally asked. I run my fingers through his hair and bite my lip in thought.

"I found out a while ago after I went for a normal check up. Apparently they noticed that while I felt better I actually wasn't getting better at all." I explained.

Kakashi didn't say a word for a while he just hugged me close to his body and I hugged him back wrapping my legs around his waist and allowing his head to sit on my bare chest. His face rubbed into my skin. I kiss the top of his head trying to hold back my tears.

Time seemed to slow to a grinding holt. He didn't try to speak quite yet. Not until he cleared his throat. My throat tightened as he took a couple deep breaths.

"So how long?" he finally asked after a while of silence.

"Doctors said anywhere between 3 weeks and 2 months." he breathing seemed to stop for a few seconds.

Kakashi's thumb rubbed into my skin as he thought about this situation. We had pretty much nonstop been around each other for the past eight months. We hardly even spent a day or even an hour without each other so to suddenly being apart was really odd and unsettling.

There was a knot in my chest that kept getting tighter and tighter to the point were it causing me physical pain. I groan softly and kiss Kakashi's head. This hurts me too, luv.

~*~

I sat with Itachi on the porch as he did random ten year old things and I did random 18 year old things. I drank water while placing my phone next to me.

"tachi?" I say softly looking at him. He turned his head toward me and I smirk pulling him toward me. I playfully tickled him. he begun to laugh and try to pry my hands away.

I smirk at his giggles and released him to stand in front of me with his hands pushing mine away. "tachi. if I were gone what would you do?"I asked almost impulsively. His faced dropped a little as he tried to take me seriously.

"Are going somewhere?" he asked innocently looking from the ground to my eyes in confusion.

"No, love. I could never really be gone. Because I..."I took a second to myself to think how I should describe this in a way that wouldn't sound so sad. How could I tell a six year old he'd soon loose his older sister. "Well even if I were gone I would still exist in your mind. You're in charge of remembering me, that way I'll never really be gone..." I tell him softly ruffling his hair.

"So you're leaving..." I shake my head.

"Not unless you forget me, okay?" he nods harshly as hold the bottom of his shirt in irritation.

"Are you coming back?" He asked me in a frustrated tone. His voice had fluctuated to conceal the fact that he was about to start crying.

"Don't worry about it. You'll see me again after awhile." he nodded again and I smile at him before smooching his forehead dead in the center. "It getting dark so we should get inside."

"Can I sleep in your room?"

"Yes of course." I pushing him in the forehead with my knuckle. He huffs in surprise as I got to open the door.

~*~

This got edited and I like it more now. it's similar but not all the same.

this took a really long time so sorry.... i know a lot of people thought i ended the story but I am just trying to figure out how to write a specific scene at least kinda well... apologies.