Chapter VII

(Y/n) POV

"I'm sorry." I tell the two parents standing by the door. "I didn't mean to be a weight on your back." I tell them with disappoint dripping for my eyes. I wipe them and I look at th two.

Mikoto runs over to me and hugs me with tears in her eyes. My eyes widen as she hugs me tight and pulls me close to her chest. "Oh my god why didn't you tell us before! I was so scared when I found out you were in a hospital." she was scared? I heard the whimper for her mouth. I hug her back and thinking of how she actually cared.

All of the sudden the door burst open and Itachi appeared with Kakashi behind him. He stayed to see if I would get better. I smile he really cared. Mikoto sits up and moves to the side not prepared to be scared by her own son. He runs over to me and jumps on my bed and wraps his arms around me. Tightly squeezing my torso.

I squeeze him back and lean toward him. I finally feel accepted into a family.

~*~

I sat in my hospital bed tired and ready to sleep. The Uchihas had just gone home from visiting today. I was mad because I could scratch my nose because of my breathing tube. I sigh and look at the door as it slowly started to open. Kakashi?

"You feeling any better?" He asked coming into the room.

"I mean I guess I feel a little better." I tell him and comes closer to my bed and takes a seat on the seat beside my bed. I felt comfortable with him in the room and I didn't know why. I want like we were best friends before or anything like that. We were just regular friends that never hung out outside of school.

"I got your sketchbook for you. I though it would make you feel more at home." he shrugged reaching into his backpack and grabbing... My sketchbook! I have wanted to draw sense I got into this hospital. I grab it from his hands and hug it close to my chest. I set it down beside me as notice kakashi start to get up. Before he could I wrap my arms around his shoulders and pull him close to me. I could feel the fact that he was tense.

"Don't leave please..." I trail off. He loosens up a little sits in the bed with me I let him go and I feel his arm wrap around my shoulders and pull me in. "I'm sorry it's just that I really feel like you care and it feels amazing to know that people do because before no one care if I was sick not even me. So just the fact that you actually care is nice to know because-." Before I could finish my words I feel a light kiss on my forehead. My eyes widen slightly as I realize it was Kakashi. He takes a pencil out of his pocket and hands it to me. I grab my sketchbook from next to me and I start to draw. Kakashi didn't notice at first but it was the two of us the same we are now. I glanced up and the mirror in front of us ever couple seconds. I finish the rough sketch and examine it.

It looked like the mirror in front of us almost to a t. I tore it out of the sketchbook and handed it to Kakashi. "You should probably head home it is getting late." I said after glancing at a cloak that read 1:30. The man had school in a couple hours and I didn't want to be one of the many reasons he is usually late. He sighs standing.

"Alright see you tomorrow." He left so fast. Wait tomorrow..! My cheeks heat up as I remember a have a big surgery at three.

~*~

I sigh. I was so hungry but I want aloud to eat before my surgery. I sat there with a frown and flip through channel after channel. I hear my door open softly. My eye shift from the TV to the door to see Kakashi. "Why do you look so hungry?" he asked me.

"Can't eat before my surgery." I say shivers go down NY spine as I say surgery. Just the sound of it made me nervous.

"Why didn't you tell me yesterday?" he asked. He sat in the chair next to my bed.

"I'm sorry. I did mean to tell you. I just didn't really think about it yesterday." I tell him and he nods.

"When is it?" he said looking up at me. he looked over at the clock just above the mirror ahead. It was 2:53 so it wouldn't be long before the surgery.

"Actually 3:00 o'cloak. In a couple minutes from now there going to come and prep me for surgery." I told him and he nods again. He looked back at me. His face was almost blank but deep in his eyes I could scare and worry, with maybe just a hint of care. My eyes widen but quickly go back to normal.

"Well I'll be here when its done." he said starting to look down. "I just need you to promise me one thing." he said and I nod letting him know I'm listening. "Need you to promise that you'll come out of this surgery alive." I gasp lightly hearing his words. My eyes widened as well as I got slightly surprised by what he wants me to promise. I nod though looking into his eyes.

"I'll definitely try." I say.

"No." he shook his head. "You have to promise." he stated looking over at me. I look at him.

"I promise." as I say that my nurse and doctor bust in.