Chapter Fifty One~I'm The Key

You're so close

Wake up my darling

Wake up

My eyes flutter open to a clear blue sky, my body felt like brand new. 

What happened?

I sit up and look around, I was on top of the Wall on a sleeping bag, next to me Armin and Sasha were too. I pull the blanket off me, my shirt was scorched and my pants were now burned up to my knees making shorts. I look at my stomach, my scar from Annie it's gone, all my scars and injuries were gone.

Am I in heaven?

Am I dead?

"Kid?"

I turn to see Armin had sat up as well. I nod and pauses "Are we dead because I feel way too good to be alive."

Sasha groans "It hurts so badly."

Nope, we must be alive! We lean over and check her wounds, she looked horrible, what had happened?

"You're up!"

We turn to see Eren running down along the wall towards us. He throws his arms around up, hugging us. He was trembling and crying "Armin. Kid. I'm so glad you're back."

I stoke his hair calming him down.

Back?

We were gone?

Someone else grapples on top of the Wall and Eren backs up. Levi stood there and began to walk over to us, Armin begins to ask "Captain-"

Before he can finish Levi rushed to his kneels pulling me into him, I slowly put my arms around him confused "Levi? What happened?" 

"We saw Bertholdt transform, but then everything's a little burly. Did we fight them off? Is everyone okay?" asks Armin. Levi, still holding me, looks to them "It sounds like your recent memory was just about wiped out. Eren. Tell them everything." says Levi firing a green flare into the sky.

What?

What had happened?

************************************************************

Once Eren reached the end Armin and I were paralyzed.

I remembered everything.

So why am I alive?

"Okay. Are you two up to speed now?" asks Levi. Armin nods slowly "Yeah. We won. But of the Scouts Regiment, there are only ten soldiers left alive."

I nod "Us..."

"That's what it looks like. The fighting ended four hours ago. We've been searching for survivors, but...not luck." says Jean. I stare down at my hands "We resealed Shiganshina's gate securing Wall Maria. Reiner and the Beast Titan escaped on that quadruped. You captured Bertholdt. And then had to make a choice with Erwin, Armin, and Me on the brink of death. So you chose." I say tearing up.

"I transformed into a titan and killed Bertholdt. I ate him," states Armin he begins to gage, Jean hands him water which he gulps down.

This wasn't my plan "Why?" I ask letting tears slip out "You were supposed to save Armin and Erwin and have them eat Bertholdt and I. Armin, you're so smart and Erwin's our leader, humanity needs them both."

I look up at Levi who was knelt in front of me "Why take that gamble? What if a fourth injection wasn't enough? Why my life over Erwin's?"

Levi hits Eren over the head "I told you to tell them everything. We had a short debate. Your friends here argued that you two were the ones we needed to revive. And when I disagreed, they staged a little mutiny."