Chapter Thirty-Seven~The Life We Want

The sun was about an hour away from setting.

I watched from the palace as they set up the gallows for the hanging tomorrow. I don't why, but it pleased me. Erwin would be hung tomorrow and I could rest easy for a time. The past couple of days weren't bad.

 I've been living in a gorgeous palace.

I've been training with the squad.

And thanks to Kenny, I can remember who I am. Before I came out here Caven, an awesome woman did some training with me. She talks about how much Kenny had missed me, his right hand.

I haven't met my cousin though, it won't matter. Once Historia claims the power of the Founding Titan she'll be the face of the crown while it sits on my head. To think, the murderer would be queen.

The Scouts were outlawed, it made me grin when I saw them all chained up. I hear footsteps walk up and stand next to me "I see you're enjoying the sight." says Rod. I nod "That I am uncle. The thought of the Commander hanging there is enough to make me joyous."

"Tonight we will perform the ritual at the Reiss church. Coronation after the hanging and then you will be queen."

"Yes..."

"But something is troubling you?"

I turn to him and nod "In formats tell me Flegel, Mr. Reeves son, survived with the help of the Scouts and has earned the trust of Trost. I worry because he knows who I am and has doubt told the Scouts, but the plan remains the same."

"Plan?"

"Well, they'll be in Trost that's about a two days news travel. They won't learn what has happened until I have them executed for everything they've done. The last face they will ever see is Kaiomay Reiss, running a knife, through there hearts.....And to think I'm going to be pictured as a saint among the people." I start, Rod smiles and nods "Yes, but your mission tonight is to kill anyone who tries to interfere."

"Yes, sir," I say with a smile, but it fades as the thought comes back to me "Uncle I woke up this and remembered something. A man held me behind him and Kenny had his guns pointed at him, but I don't know who this man is."

Rod sighs and nods "That would be Captain Levi of the Scouts."

"Levi?" I begin, Rod looks at me wearily "So then that was from when Kenny went to save me?"

"....Y-Yes. Yes! I can guaranty you one thing he will be there tonight."

I take out my knife and wipe the blood off it from the last Scout I caught for training "Good thing too. I'll run him through and if he puts up a fight he won't last when I'm in my enhanced state."

Rod begins to leave before looking back at me "You cut your shirt shorter, down the middle, and tied it I see."

I glance at him "Caven said men fall easy for a woman who's got it. So I made my uniform more traveling, if I have a gift might as well use it, get the job done faster. I kill three drunken MPs yesterday because they couldn't resist a woman all alone."

"Ah, Kenny here to collect your prized student. I see. You leave in an hour." says Rod leaving, I glance over at Kenny who once Rod left faced me "You murdered three MPs yesterday."

I lean against the railing cleaning my blade and shrug "So? They were drunk and tried to hit on me."

"No wonder they were hitting on you dressed like that you were asking for it. We don't cut up uniforms. Kai our jobs different, we don't murder just because someone looks at us wrong, we do it when told."

"Says the man who murdered countless MPs before becoming the Reiss's new guard dog. What did you say a couple of days ago during training, everyone needs to live on something. And I can't live with just smiling and waves as a queen all the time. It's as if taking others' lives make mine mean something." I explain walking past him and pause.