Chapter Forty-Four~Promises

Paperwork was never my thing.

Not even when doing a report.

But this is what happens when your cousin lets you oversee the regiments! Damn you Historia, if you weren't my best friend I'd drag you in here and make you help me! It was nice being co-queens together.

She knew how to handle big crowds, people, and rational choices while I was good at overseeing, battle tactics, proportional choices. Together we made one queen. It had only been three days since our talk with Sadies.

Already the regiment had a plan to retake Wall Maria. 

The mission would begin in two days' time of my approval over the papers, plans, and such. Right on cue, there's a knock at my office door "Come in!"

Erwin opens the door and steps in saluting, I smile standing "Erwin you don't have to salute to me, it feel a little weird." 

He chuckles before walking over "Sorry Kidda. I came to give you the final write up of the plan to retake Wall Maria." he says handing my a pile of papers. I begin to look through them nodding, the plan was elaborate but organized. 

Simple yet strategic.

"I see Kenny helped with a proportion of the planning." I start, Erwin nods "Though his experience of working with larger groups and drive. I asked him a few pointers, I see his recovery is coming along."

"Yes, minus the broken arm he's as good as new. A wonderful adviser to." I say. This plan was great and everything seemed to be in order. I place the papers on the table "Great the plan seems perfect. Everyone has there potion in their respectful squad, um just one question? Am I getting moved to a different squad for the mission my name was under Levi squad." I say scanning the pages looking for my name.

"Actually my name isn't in any squad," I say looking up at Erwin. He sighs and nods "That is correct. We all found it very much dangerous to put one of our queens on the front lines with us."

There's a pause. I wasn't buying it. Erwin knows I can handle myself, he wanted to make me queen even I didn't remember and he still ordered me to kill Rod with Historia. I nod "Sure...That's a complete lie! Erwin you didn't hesitate to have me kill Rod."

"That was Rod, this is the unknown, we can't take any chances."

That sounded so fake and then it hits me "The military can't take any chances or can Levi not take any chances?"

Erwin sighs and looks down. I chuckle fakely and move around the desk to stand in front of Erwin "Where is he?" I ask.

"He went back to his office. Kidda I know how you feel, but with every passing day the enemy grows stronger."

I walk over the door and begin to open it while I looked back at Erwin "Call me selfish! But this mission stays a plan until I give it my approval!" I shout and storm off down the hall to Levi's office.

How could he do that to me! Leave me off the mission! I stand by his door and knock furiously "Who is it."

I cross my arms and roll my eyes "Levi!"

"Alright come in."

I open the door to see him doing paperwork, he smiles up at me "Hey Kid, how are you-"

"Don't...Even..."

He looks at me confused before I slam the squad placements on the table. He looks up at me "Is someone in a squad they shouldn't be?" he asks, I shake my head "No...But there is someone who isn't in a squad whatsoever." I say.

Levi sighs and looks up at me "The regiments made a decision-"

"No, you made a decision and they all what? Agreed?"