Chapter Thirty-Eight~What Needs To Be Done

One explosion after another could be heard as we swung.

And once though the tunnel could see black and green smoke "They're blinding us. Someone must be firing the smoke." I state. Kenny nods "Put that's not a problem for us."

Once we enter the smoke, I could hear the screams of my comrades. Fuck we were getting white out! I look over to Kenny who gives me a reassuring nod "Listen, Kai, we're playing the game now and you see the one with black hair going over Caven?"

I look down and see what he's talking about, the guy had swords "Yeah."

"What do you say we kill a runt' named Levi." 

I smirk and nod "Don't have to ask me twice!" I shout and deploy my gear zooming downwards and fire two direct shoots at the guy before landing on the opposite pillar. Kenny lets out a shout of joy and lands just above me.

I smirk until the runt lands on the pillar across from us "Damn!"

"Hey, Levi. We don't exactly have time to waste on ya' but we can't have ya' gettin' any further." starts Kenny, I reload my guns as I hear the silence "Kai wanna take another shot?" asks Kenny.

"So be it, I'll just have to play the game," I say swinging over and behind the pillar "Catch me if you can, runt!" I shout and let me grapple go to aim, but my eyes widen when I see he wasn't there.

I move my gun to the side and it clashes with Levi's sword "Damn. They said you were good." I start, but then he freezer lucky for me I push back and take aim. He dodges my bullet and lands on another pillar staring at me with wild eyes.

I land on a platform and point my gun up at him "Hold still will ya'! God, you're more squirmy then the MPs!"

Why was he looking at me like that "K-Kid?"

I grit my teeth "Don't tell me your delusional too! My name's Kaiomay!!!" I scream rushing at him. He jumped off and kept blocking my attack "Why won't you fight back!"

But out of the corner of my eye, I see out of ammo and a woman with glasses was heading straight for her "Caven!" I shout as I land on a pillar. I shoot a grapple into the woman's side and swing her into a pillar letting her fall to the floor.

All the Scouts seemed to freeze and watch me at this as I land on the ground before her.

"Hanji!!!" I hear a shout, I turn around and see a Scout with a horse-face "WILL YOU SHUT UP!!!" I scream. I go over and kicked the woman named Hanji in the side, she grunts "Still alive?"

She looks up at me in shock "Hanji!" I hear another shout, I roll my eyes and pull out my gun on whoever landed close to me "What now?" I ask, looking Levi dead in the eyes. He dropped his swords and just stared at me.

"What you think I'm gonna fall for the surrender act? God, you Scouts are running everything! I get away once and you come right back!"

Levi looks confused "What-"

"Oh please was it not you who tried to stop Kenny from rescuing me? And to think I was your prisoner for a year." I say and stomp on Hanji's shoulder making her scream out, Levi takes a step closer and I point both my guns at him "Any closer and she's gonna end like the MPs I left dead in the street."

It was as if I wasn't real to him, he couldn't what I was saying "What did they do to you?"

"Me? Sorry if your memory wiping trick didn't work, but I know who I am and you're dead!" I shout pulling out my knife, taking him by surprise I slash him across his chest lightly as he tried to dodge.

I quickly deploy my gear and shoot myself up into the pillar near Caven "Listen up! We're gonna re-form our defense at the fallback point! Time to regroup!" I shout and what's left of the squad flies away through the tunnel "Let it down!" I shout and a giant net covers the entrance.