Chapter Three~Broken Dreams

The ground shakes once more and the giant titan kicks in the gate so fiercely that a current of wind blows anyone and anything close away within a hundred yards. Ace grabs me as we hunker down avoiding getting hit.

Debris from the stone gate falls viciously on various houses throughout the town. When the wind dies down Ace and I stand to see behind the giant titan, a flood of smaller Titans are were heading towards the new opening in the gate. 

And in the smoke and flash of light, the huge titan disappears. It opened a hole in the wall...They're gonna get inside. Wait...our house is not far from the wall. Eren! Mikasa! Armin! Ms. Jaeger!

"Kid I gotta' get you out of here." starts Ace, I turn to him "But Eren! Mikasa! Armin! I have to go back! Please!" I beg Ace looks at me for a second before nodding and pointing to an evacuation spot "You find them and you run like hell to the evac point! Understand!" he asks, I nod and run down the steps running off through town.

People are running like crazy, all screaming about the fact that the titans are going to overrun the city. I use to think when people talked about a titans height three meters meant as tall as a build, boy was I wrong. They were big, some were even fast, and they were everywhere.

I run towards the house while witnessing all the tragedy, As I turn the corner I freeze, the house was crushed by a rock, Eren's mom is trapped under the roof. I see Eren and Mikasa under the arms of Hannes, a guard in the Garrison. I look up and see that they were running away from a big, hideous, grinning from ear to ear titan.

The titan removes the house debris with one swipe of the hand and picks up Carla. My eyes widen and I take a step towards her "CARLA!!!" I cry out, throughout her struggling she looks at me "KID!!! RUN!!!" she cries.

I turn around to see the others running "KID COME ON!!!!" shouts Hannes, I turn back to Carla "NO I CAN SAVE YOU!!!" I scream and begin to run forward "KID!!! STOP!!! YOU HAVE TO LIVE!!! TO PROTECT THEM!!!" she screams. I stop, she was right how could I save her?

Carla fights with her last strength but the Titan breaks her body. I begin to turn and run as I hear her screams on anguish. As I round the next corner I turn back to see the titan biting her in half and blood flies everywhere. 

I closed my eyes tight fighting back tears. She was the mom I never had, she dressed me, taught me to read and write, trusted me with Eren and Mikasa. small fire burns in the distance. The rest of the city in silence with damaged roofs and smoke coming from a variety of houses.

A mass of titans was still coming through the gate in hoards, looking for any of us to snack on. I kept on running the breath in my lungs not wanting to give up. I see the evacuation dock, I also see all the boats loaded and members of the Garrison weren't letting others on.

Were Eren, Armin, and Mikasa on those boats? By this point, I could only wish and hope. 

"KID!!!"

A second late I'm engulfed in a tight embrace "Kid, we have to go!" says Ace, I point to the boats "But they're full, the Garrisons not letting anyone on!" Ace stands to look around for another way out "The tunnel, we'll run through and then swing onto the boat from the other side."

He grabs my hand and the two of us begin running across the city trying our best to avoid every titan we could. As we neared I noticed the titan that ate Carla on our trail, the gate was right up ahead.

The titan reached out and tried to grab at Ace, but not before he shoots a grapple into the wall pulling us away so we could keep running. The gate looked as if it was almost beginning to close. I began to cry, would we make it? We couldn't know!

"KID DUCK!!!" shout Ace, he pushes me out of the way as a burning house falls down to our right side. Falling to the ground I look behind me to see the smiling titan begin to walk over to us, but right in front of me was Ace on the ground.

I quickly crawl over to him "Ace, get up! We have to keep running!" I pant, he tries to be we see that his legs caught under the wood. I crawl around and try to push it off "Kid! What are you doing! You gotta' run!"

"No! I'm not leaving you!" I scream tears were starting to stream down my face, I couldn't leave him, not after all he's done for me. Without Ace, I don't have a guide. A large sound is heard, forcing me to stop and listen, in terror. 

I look behind the smiling titan. A large, yet very distinct titan appears, fairly muscular and built short-white hair and a height about 15M-17M. He faces the closing gate. Was he gonna take it down!

I quickly move and try to push the wood off "KID MOVE!" shouts Ace, just then out of nowhere the sliming titan picks Ace up by one of his arms, he dangles in the air shouting at me to run as I keep resisting saying I wasn't going to leave.

Ace's hat fall of his head and into my face, I grip it as I try jumping for him. We hear a giant boom! And see that the titan behind the smiling one took a stance and begins running toward the gate at full speed. 

"KID RUN!!!" shouts Ace. I back up a little and see some spare rope, I run over and grab it trying to toss it up to him. The charging titan tears through houses and heads right towards the gate. As he runs a piece of a house is flung into the air and heads straight at me. I don't start run paralyzed by fear until it almost crashes on me, but did it matter the titan that was charging was almost on me as well!

I kneel down waiting for impact to come, this was it I was gonna die!

"KIIIID!!!!!!!" 

I hear Ace scream, shout, and struggle. There was nothing I could do! I listen to his screams as I clutch his hat in my hands. I feel a force come around me whossing me into somewhere as the titan rushes the gate with his shoulder. 

I open my eyes to find myself alive and on the other side of the wall? I feel hands around me as I'm lifted into the air and swung onto the boat? I look up to see Hannes checking over me making sure I was alright.

"It's okay Kid you're safe now," he says before going to check on others. I stand, hat in my hands, walking to the edge of the boat. Titans to completely take over Shiganshina. The titan that charged through The Wall breathes deep and lets fire out of his mouth. 

I hear a scream and let the silent tears fall from my eyes "KID!" shouts a voice, I turn a little to see Eren, Mikasa, and Armin run-up to me. Mikasa sees my face and puts a hand on my shoulder "Kid? Are you okay?"

I look down at the Hat in my hands running a thumb over the K that was engraved on the belt tube of the hat, I never knew what the K was for because he's always had it even before he met me. But now I would never get to know.

"He's....gone," I whisper in disappear. For three years, that house, those rooftops, Ace was everything I ever had to consider memories. And they were just taken away before my very eyes. Now here we were on a boat heading further into the cage of humanity, I guess I don't have a right to dream because when I seem to it just gets ripped away.

"Kid we were so worried," states Armin, I turn to the three of them. My friends who considered me just there age. I made a promise to Dr. Jeager and Carla that I would protect them and be there. Put everything Ace taught me to good use.

Turning to look back at the broken Wall only one thought lingered in my mind.

"I will kill them all...."