Chapter Forty-Six~Success, Never Easy

I was really doing this, lying to the man I love.

I slip on my uniform and tie my hair back. I put on black clothes under my uniform instead of white like normal, I also clip my hat on my belt and snap my cape around my neck. I bite my lip looking in the mirror, I needed to do this.

But earlier...

************************************************

I feel a like shake on my shoulder and open my eyes to see Levi standing over me in his uniform "I wanted to say goodbye...Thank you for staying here, I know you'll be safe that way. I love you so much."

And with that, he kisses my lips and leaves. I stare after the door that closes.

"You never let me say...I love you too."

************************************************

He's always gone before I get the chance.

I take one last look at the room before opening the door and heading through the back streets to the Commander's office.

"Kidda you're here, good. The day's almost done, most of the horses have been lowered to the other side of the Wall. All that's left is for us to go, are you sure-"

"No doubt...We have to do this. I follow your lead now Commander Erwin."

He smiles at me and I put my hood up as we make our way to the wall. The sun hung low in the sky as we all stood atop the wall. I stood next to Erwin and no one suspected a thing. The people down below began to cheer and shout.

For us?

They were all relying on us.

"I wonder how long it's been since the Scouts got a send-off like this." states a captain. Well never really "I dunno. I'm not sure if we ever have." states another.

"Well, as far as I'm aware, at least, this is a first," says Erwin who then smiles and lets out a war cry making me jump a little. This only fuels the crowed below even more. All of them counting on us.

Erwin pulls out his sword and points it to the setting sun "The operation to retake Wall Maria begins now!"

All soldiers, shouting with hopeful victory, repel down the other side of the Wall and mount their formation horses. Erwin looks back at me next to him and I nod back saying I was still with him. I reach into my shirt and open my necklace.

Kenny.

Dad.

I will come back to you and we are gonna be the family we always hoped to be. I look forward, there was no turning back now, forget about being a queen right now I was a soldier, a Scout, a savior of humanity.

"Scouts, move out!" shouts Erwin and at once all of us begin charging into the sunset towards Wall Maria.

Towards Shiganshina.

It felt surreal. We're really going back! Funny, Maybe the last fight of our lives is gonna take place where my first began. Actually, no. I had been fighting my whole life, fighting for my memories, fight for myself.

But now I'm different, I have people to fight for.

A father I have to come home too.

A best friend who needs me to help each other manage this world.

A lover, who I couldn't leave in this life alone.

A dream.

Something I never thought I would be able to have, my dream is for everyone to be free.