Chapter Fouty Five~Our Kind Of Love

Part of me is starting to regret coming to Trost with everyone.

I mean sure we haven't seen or eaten any meat in a long time.

But for everyone to start fighting over it, that low. Armin, Eren, Mikasa, and I watched as Jean and Conny tried prying Sasha away from a giant piece of meat. Eventually, they knocked her out and tied her up against a pole.

"Don't you get it. You've got no experience. That's why you're in the rear guard, rookie." says Jean to Marlo, I finally met him and thanked him for helping my friends when I was a psychopath, yeah I'll leave it at that.

"I may be less knowledgeable than the rest of you, but isn't the vanguard the best place to learn how the enemy moves?" he asks.

"What's this? You think that you can lecture a veteran about self-sacrifice?"

"Isn't that what makes us effective? Being willing to put ourselves in harm's way?"

"Listen, everyone starts out as a recruit, okay? If we throw recruits into battle like cannon fodder, then they'll all be too dead to learn. And that's why, for now, it's your job to watch and learn from the rear. So you can make it back in one piece. The ones who really suck are the suicidal maniacs who think the only way to fight is to charge in blind. Right?" Jean finishes looking to Eren who puts down his cup.

"Are you talkin' about somebody in particular?" ask Eren.

Oh no.

"Yeah, I'm looking right at him. Suicidal maniac."

"You see, the funny thing is that I recently discovered that I'm actually a pretty normal person. So, hey, if that's how you really see me, then maybe you're just a coward, Jean. Right?"

The two turn away and grumble at each other, Armin who was sitting in between the two held eyes of help and fear. Just then to two jump up and start shouting at each other.

"You think you're so cool don't you, you piece of shit?!" shout Jean.

"That's a pretty shaggy-looking mane you're growing there, horse face!!" shouts Eren. I shake my head and sigh. "Try not to kill each other," says Conny blanky from next to me. I honestly don't know how those two still can go at it after all this time.

The two begin punching and fighting.

"What the hell are those two doing?" ask Marlo.

"Showing us the meaning of incompetent," I state.

Everyone else around us began cheering at the fight "Should we let them keep going?" asks Armin. The two of us look to Mikasa "I think it's fine."

I nod turning my head back to the fight "Agreed."

The two started looking as if they took one to many hits, each was sweating and still weakly fighting. Eren was waiting for Armin, Mikasa, or I to intervene but we just smiled at the sight. 

"Hey," states Levi walking over, he right hooks Eren and punches Jean in the gut sending them both to the floor. Damn, the two could barely take hits from each other. A blow from Levi should've killed them then and there.

"That's enough celebrating. Go to bed." says Levi and then Jean throws up making Levi turn away "And clean that up."

Armin takes Eren and we help him to the town steps outside "I can't believe I'm saying this, but shouldn't you guys watch out for me more?" groans Eren as Armin lets him sit on the steps. Armin sat next to him on one side and I sat on the other. Mikasa was sitting next to me.

"Considering how quickly you heal, we're not that worried about it," I state.

"Some friends you are."