C~63: My Fault

"Yelena! What the hell happened to trapping the Cart and Jaw?!" Jean asks, making Yelena bow her head "People died because of you!!"

"I'm sorry. I assure you they fell down the hole, but it's still my fault." she owns up as Levi whirls his daggers of eyes at Zeke "And to cover for that slip-up, the Beat chucked more rocks at us than planned. That was some clever improv for a clown like you. Wouldn't you say, hairball?"

I hold up my hand to stop him, but to my dismay, Zeke gives into the fight "Don't glare at me like that, Levi. What if I piss my pants? And you're quite the actor yourself, considering you want to kill me so bad." As Levi moves up to him, Zeke states that I feel Andrina tries to move from her place behind me, but I grab her hand.

"I'm the kind of person who saves the best bite for last. I like to savor the taste-"

"That is my son you're threatening!" Andrina shouts, moving next to me, "I don't know who you are, but you have no right to speak like that!"

I bow my head at this as Levi moves away from Zeke; Adrina rushes over, kneeling beside him as Eren speaks up, "We killed the Marley brass and destroyed their port and fleet. That should buy us some time."

Hanji shakes her head. "Until the whole world launches a join attack on Paradis? Every time you're caught by the enemy, we sacrifice lives to get you back." she reasons.

Lifting my eyes, I hold my hand out to Eren "And yet you make yourself a hostage?" I ask, turning, "You can put your trust in us, but sadly people have lost trust in you."

"Yes, but now we have the Founding Titan and two Titan's with royal blood." Zeke begins underlining a gaze at me; I cross my arms and look away. Sure I've got the Control Titan inside of me, but it's wasted if we can't learn more about it "The cost of those sacrifices will be paid through Eldia's freedom."

Suddenly the back door opens once more to Conny, whose face holds horror.

"Sasha...is dead."

Shaking my head, I let my arms fall "No." I state, gulping as I try to find somewhere to put my eyes. "No, she's... I'm sorry." I whimper, pushing past Conny into the other room. Seeing Armin and Mikasa either against the wall or hovering on the ground, but in the middle is Sasha and soldier have gathered around.

Clenching my teeth, I have no reason to stop the tears as I skid to my knees, taking hold of Sasha's shoulder and cheek "Sasha, you're just playing, right?" I whimper with a smile, trying to blink away the inevitable "Like back in training, and Ymir would kick you out of bed...All you could do was smile and laugh."

Whispering these words, I give her shoulder a shake and watch as her head jiggles on the pillow.

We're really doing it!

Out of everyone, she was always so excited about anything, whether it was good or bad.

"Sasha."

Yeah, you were out for a while.

Always so caring about others.

"Sasha!"

You're telling me you have no goals, no dreams.

So caring about me, about what I should do with my life, always making sure I was never tripping over my feet...Why did she worry about my dreams so much? She had her own, her own dedication, always ready to lay down her life.

But that doesn't mean the world had to take it.

"SASHA, PLEASE!" I cry out, shaking her body before bowing my head on her shoulder "SASHA!!!"

It'll be fine.

Don't say that to me!

Not when You're like this!

But when I look up, she's still not moving, her voice thought if forever on repeat in my head. Taking a breath, I move my hand from her shoulder to her eyes, closing them fully; looking around the room, I see a crate and stand taking something from it. Kneeling beside, I chuckle a little at sight, but she would have wanted this, I think as I fold her hands around the raw potato.

Armin and Mikasa kneel beside me as others like Jean and Conny filter into the room "Sasha was...well, she was Sasha." I begin causing a few to smile clouded by the tears "I don't think there are any other words, caring, kind, intelligent, fearless, wonderful, but those words don't even compare to Sasha."

**********************************************

Hugging my knees close to my chest, I watch as the moon's light radiates off the ocean, my eyes move to the stars looking as if a new one had just appeared in the sky "Sasha." I call, hoping some voice might hear.

"Please let me know that-t you've at peace? Happy? I don't know." I rant with a small laugh shaking my head, "I never meant for this to happen." I try to explain, but my voice falls deaf. Hearing footsteps, I turn to the door to see Levi shut it but pause at the sight of me. "I'm sorry, your majesty, I didn't know you were-"

"Perfectly fine, Captain." casting my gaze to the moon, I shrug, "I just... don't have the energy to fight with you anymore." I admit, Levi nods, still keeping his distance "You could have demoted me a long time ago."

"It would be silly to; you're one of the best fighters we've got." I for once compliment before looking at him, "You know, for Humanity's sake." I bring back, raising a sigh from Levi, "This just shows me you can't let go. You do know that, right?"

"You're point?"

"I wasn't the one who wanted to inject themselves." Levi crosses his arms, making me scoff "I wasn't the one who agreed with the council." I fire back. Shaking his head, he takes a few steps forward "That was only one of my mistakes."

My brows narrow as I swing my legs down "One of your mistakes?" I begin and put a hand to my stomach "This was not a mistake." I seeth "Despite what the council thought." I state, standing hand still place where something else should be.

Levi shakes his head "You could have been more careful."

"You think I don't blame myself?"

"Oh, so you're actually owning up to something?!" Levi mocks, stepping over "That surprising?" I shout.

"Considering you can't even own up to who you are, I'd say it is!!!"

Biting my lip, we both turn as the door opens to see Andrina walk in; stepping over, I take her hands and begin, "I'm sorry for the noise, do you need it?-"

"I'll be alright." she starts looking from Levi to me and kissing my head "Go get some sleep," she orders, nodding. I take hold of the door and give the two one last look before leaving that night to fate.

**********************************************

Andrina turns from where her daughter left to Levi "I have to apologize for earlier; I didn't know I was talking to you, Levi." she admits. Of course, Levi doesn't know how to accept this; not only was this Kidda's mother, who she has been searching for forever, it's someone Kenny cares for. In a way, he knows he's more connected than he would like to be.

"Even as a child, she was...headstrong." Andrina giggles staring out a window. "Most times, I would wonder if she would remember the Underground...but you I remember." she states, turning to him, "The boy who could take on even the toughest thugs."

"I made a name for myself, I see." Levi states gulping, he didn't like not being in control of the situation, and right now, he was at this woman's complete mercy "You managed to deal with Kid and Kaiomay, how come you find Kidda so hard to control?"

Taking a second, Levi shrugs, "It's a long story."

"Overview then."

"... I'm sorry, ma'am, but there is no overview to cover the last four years."