C~61: Target-Jaw & Cart

A giant light, brighter than anything the world has experienced. Covering my eyes, I kneel, landing on a rooftop as the wind rushes through my face, steam.

The steam of the Colossal Titan.

Way to go, Armin with the Port destroyed they have no fleet of ships to attack us with. I watch as the Jaw Titan rushes into action leaving the Cart Titan alone. Jumping off the roof, I deploy my gear towards the ally where I left my rifle. Grabbing it, I sling it over my shoulder and fly past in time to watch as the Beast Titan's body falls to the ground.

God Zeke!

His blood sprays everywhere, and I swear if Levi...take a breath and focus, he's gonna be okay, I think as I roll behind the crats that litter the Carts rooftop perch. Scouts fly above, and each is brought down by machine guns.

Hearing a click, I turn to see a rock thrown at the crate I was leaning on, meeting Sasha's eyes, she nods, and I return it. Sasha kneels behind the battlement she was hiding while I lay on my stomach, twisting my body around the side of the crate.

Setting my sights on one of the gunmen, I let out the breath that inflated my stomach. Sometimes I find it funny how Kaiomay is such a good shot, and I had to practically relearn.

Closing my eyes, I flinch at the first image that appears, back in the crystal cavern, smoke and blood, now is no different. One last time, please only be a second, but I need Kaiomay because Kid nor Kidda could make this shot.

"Come on, all I need is one shot with your eyes." I plea lifting my lids' sights suddenly so clear, "Do this for Kenny." I whisper, perching my gun above my arm and clicking back a bullet.

"For mom."

I hear a click and watch with these words as one of the gunmen falls dead due to a perfect shot in the dead by Sasha. Taking aim at another, I pull the trigger and watch as the bullet lodges in his throat; I was aiming elsewhere, but it makes the cut.

I watch as the Cart sets its sights on me growling, "You'll pay for that!" she shouts. Discarding the rifle, I stand as Jean flies by from behind, and other Scouts all descend from the skies with loaded Thunder Spears.

Jean lets one fly hitting the Cart's eye as it jumps for me, firing my grapple across the way I follow Jean sliding under it as the Scouts above ready there's "FIRE NOW!!!!" I shout before the streaks of orange flood the sky.

Rolling over, I watch as from the explosions, a ragged Cart Titan skreiches disformed and tumbles off the roof. Standing, I fire my gear over onto the street, calling to Jean, "We take out the Cart we can get the Jaw-"

I stop upon watching a boy.

A young boy with short cut blond hair and green-yellow eyes rush in front of the Cart. Eyes of fear, tearing to the brim, the kid was practically Suka's age.

"Don't shoot! Please, stop!!!!"

My breath hitches as I watch Jean about to fire. Changing my target, I grab onto him, pushing him off course as his Spear flies. "WAIT!!!" I shout as it makes an impact. The two of us lean against one of the buildings watching as the Spear thankfully misses due to the Titan steam.

"Kidda!" shouts Jean; turning back to him, I shake my head. "He's a child." I begin but can't continue due to the soldiers running to protect the Cart. Groaning in annoyance, Jean takes off first, me following.

"If we get a chance at the Cart, we'll take it!" Conny calls, swinging beside me, making Sasha join us. "Yeah, we know you need to take on the Jaw."

Trust my team, no trust my friends. "Alright!" I start swinging back to the battlefield to find Eren had regenerated a new Attack Titan. I begin to chase after the Jaw that ran across the buildings aiming for Eren.

As Mikasa goes in for the strike, he jumps up, and Eren lands a hit on his jaw, wrong move, the Jaw Titan chomps down, and Eren's hand comes clean off as the Jaw's claws attack his face. About to strike his nape, Eren holds up the crystal body of the holder of the War Hammer Titan.

The Jaw's claws cut in deep scratches, making me pause, firing a grapple behind me; my body jolts to a stop as I stare at the marks left upon the crystalast.

Mikasa lands beside me. "You alright?"

Letting out a breath, I nod. "New plan we need to make sure the Jaw can't fight back enough for Eren to use it," I explain.

"What?"

"The Jaw's on that Titan are strong and sharp enough to break the crystal-" I stop hearing a buzz, turning we all stare at the Airship coming closer, disengaging my dull blade I lock in a new one "Why is it that when one foot is over the finish line, the body has to follow?"

Mikasa chuckles a bit at this "Human nature?"

"Human nature dictates we have to cut it close with the other racers." I metaphorically say, motioning to the Jaw which has circled around the buildings to land above us. As it makes its jump for Eren, Mikasa and I take our chance swinging up and taking off the beast's legs.

The Jaw lands on another building before Eren as he takes its mane in hand, throwing it across the battlefield. My face recoiled in horror as he steps on its back, ripping out both its clawed arms. As the Jaw lets out of roar, Eren stuffs the crystal in its mouth before lifting it above his head by its jaws.

Gulping, I feel sick watching this, and I haven't felt ill looking at gore in a long time.

As the gem shatters between the Jaw's teeth, the contents of the War Hammer holder dribble into Eren's mouth before he begins to bash the Jaw into the ground.

"Eren." Mikasa starts, but my eyes only watch the Jaw, only thinking how...I should be the one to eat it, obtain its memories...Ymir's memories.

Kid, live a life you can be proud of.

"REINER!!!!!"