Chapter 24

Moon smiled as she stood in the doorway watching her little niece, who was looking at her three goblins. Her eyes watered as she recalled how much happy she had been once Melody had birthed Sang, her little smile and laughs that she watched over every night as her little niece grew up.

Sang turned around, her smile disappearing as she looked at the beautiful woman who stood in the door way, there was a calmness and a sweetness that surrounded her. A feeling of calmness washed over her as she watched her, who was she? Sang wondered, she took in her appearance, the woman had a celestial glow around her, like she was emitting an aura from within her. Her skin was milky white but it also shined with a beautiful glow, like she was emitting a peaceful white light. She had long dark curls that reached way past her thighs, her lips were a beautiful pink and her face was oval in shape, she had an aquiline nose and a sharp jawline, a beauty like she had never seen before, there was no way for her to be human.
“who are you?” Sang questioned as she looked at the lady in front of her, her voice was calm and steady unlike her heart that was pummeling with nervousness. “I am who people call moon.” The soft and melodious voice of the woman filled the dark room making Sang’s heart ease, she didn’t know why but she felt like she could trust this woman, but she didn’t want to be a fool again so looked at her carefully, her eyes taking in every moment that Moon did, waiting for her to attack or harm her. “I am not going to harm you.” Moon whispered, a kind smile on her face, “Why should I trust you?” Sang asked skeptically.
“Then don’t.” Moon whispered back, her expression ever the calm, nut her calmness was way different than Owen’s, hers had complete acceptance like she had nothing to hide, while Owen was man of mystery, everything he did was a mystery to Sang. His thought had Sang smiling as she looked at the ground, “Where are my boys?” she asked aloud as she looked at the woman in front of her, Moon smiled a bit wider. “Somewhere, where I know you won’t want to go.” She answered cryptically, making Sang look up at her with her eyes narrowing suspiciously, “What do you mean? Take me to them!” she ordered as she glared at the woman, she didn’t want to shout at this woman but it had been so long since she had actually met her boys, how were they? In what condition they were? Oh god they would be so worried for her. she should return to them immediately, they needed her and she needed them.

“They are not same boys that you left, they don’t even remember you, the pain that they felt after your separation from them was too much to live with so the demons in them suppressed those memories, so to them you are just a stranger dear.” Moon informed her, she didn’t want to be the one to break the heart of her little niece but she didn’t want to lie to her, a lie that would give her nothing but pain and suffering, she knew that her words would give her pain but at least she would know the truth, so when the time came to meet them she would be prepared.
Sang moved two steps back, her head shaking in disbelief, they can’t forget her. No, they can’t! There was just no way! How could they forget her? they said they were family! So how could they do that?! Tears filled her eyes as she glared up at the woman in front of her, her eyes spitting fire at Moon, who gave her a empathic smile like she understood her pain, Sang’s heart was burning, she felt it crack and it was pain that she couldn’t describe in words, she felt as though someone had cut open her heart with a blunt knife and then poured, hot, burning acid in it.

Memories after, memories came flashing through her mind, as a tear rolled down her cheek, it was like the blood from her body had evaporated from the fire of the pain and filled her eyes in the form of tears that rained down her cheeks. She felt dead within,

“How do I know you’re not lying?!” Sang shouted as she glared at the woman who stood in front of her,

“I have no reason to lie to you little love.” She whispered making Sang clench her fists as a sharp jolt of pain shot in her heart as she recalled her boys calling her nickname, she shut her eyes as sobs left her mouth, her knees gave out from under her as she slid down on the floor and began sobbing, her body racked from each cry that left her body, what was the point of her living if the boys didn’t even remember her. Strong muscular arms wrapped around her as they pulled her in a hard chest, she felt a sense of comfort like after a very long time she had returned home.