Chapter 23

A sadistic smirk plastered on Marc's face as he watched the village turn into ash, a strange sense of peace had settled on him when there was chaos all around. He really had no reason to live anymore or to be good. Who the fuck would even care? The one who actually after years made him feel alive was gone forever...

"Please let me go..." The man in front of him hiccupped, Marc looked down at the pathetic excuse of a man, the bastard had offered him the entire village just to save his life. Pathetic, he thought as he gazed at the guy who knelt on the forest ground where nothing but trees surrounded them, the only thing that broke the silence was the man's cries in front of him, Marc snorted, this man really thought that he would let him go just because he offered him the village to be killed? Aw this humans really are pathetic and greedy, the way he was once. He laughed but there was no humor in that. Screams filled the air louder followed by a blast, the smell of burnt flesh and trees reached him, he sniffed the air as the smell of burnt flesh just intensified making the beast in him roar with joy, yes,he did this,he killed all of those people. There was no sense of guilt or regret, not even a bit. He didn't just see the point anymore, for centuries he had been good and what did he get? The one person he loved the most was killed, she no longer existed. He could not hear the laughter of his little bean, her smiles, her sweet little voice. What did his little bean ever do to be killed? That she loved them? That she cared for a good for nothing piece of shit? She was always so kind and caring, if someone deserved to die it was him not her, his little bean was nothing but an angel. Oh god why does it hurt so much? Why does losing her hurt so much? What had he done to lose his little bean? What?! He roared, the voice was completely animalistic making the trees and the ground shake.

The man shivered, his heart thrummed in his chest with fear, this man here in front of him was nothing but a heartless bastard who had killed around two thousand people of his village. His face was was epitome of cruelty, his long dark hair and deadly blue skin proved that he was a cold hearted man who killed for joy. He looked completely like the monster he was. If he could he would kill this bastard without a thought.

He trembled as he gazed up at him, tears were flowing down his eyes, fear dominated his senses as various scenarios ran through his mind and not one of them. ended well for him.

Marc felt the soft wind play with his hair, just the way she would. Her sweet fruity scent was still ingrained in his memory, her soft touch, her soft voice, but soon he knew he would forget everything as this beast in him will take over completely, that day he knew would be marked as the end of humanity, end of the world as they see it now, he knew the damage he did today was not even a percent of what will happen when he will lose complete control over the beast that resided in him, he and his brothers will be the biggest predators out there, killing and destroying everything in their part. The only thing that was holding so long to gather was that someday they knew everything will be fine but now after Sang's death he knew nothing will be same ever, nothing. His dead heart twisted in his chest as a crippling pain shot through his body, she was gone, she was gone, she was gone forever. He could never touch her, feel her, hear her giggle or hear her soft melodious name.

"Marc" she would call him in her soft enticing voice, that one word for which he was ready to do anything. A humorless laugh bubbled up as he recalled when she was there how everything mattered to him, how he tried to be a good person, tried to do the right thing and how he was happy. But now, nothing mattered, he always and when he meant always, he always did the right thing, even after being a victim of so many wrong things but what did he get? What the fuck did the fate gift him with?! The death of the one person whom he loved more than life?! He would avenge her and kill everyone, if she didn't deserve to live than no one else did either.