Chapter 8

Sang sighed as she continued to walk as the dried leaves crunched under her feet with each step she took.

She froze as she heard someone sing rhymes, "Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.

When the blazing sun is gone,
When he nothing shines upon,
Then you show your little light,
Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.

Then the traveller in the dark,
Thanks you for your tiny spark,
He could not see which way to go,
If you did not twinkle so.

In the dark blue sky you keep,
And often through my curtains peep,
For you never shut your eye,
'Till the sun is in the sky.

As your bright and tiny spark,
Lights the traveller in the dark,-
Though I know not what you are,
Twinkle, twinkle, little star." The voice seemed of a little girl but it was a bit distorted.

Sang tightened her grip on the rosary as she walked a bit faster, her lips moving faster making the invisible shield appear around her.

Her heart began hammering faster, how many ghosts are there exactly? She mentally asked, her question directed at the god above. She heard a baby crying while the little girl sang.

She heard the creaking of a rocking chair as though it was rocking back and forth, she could see some broken old homes not very far from where she stood.

There sounds of children laughing and playing around, she sighed. Come on God just an hour before she had defeated the ghosts, give her some time!

"Whose team are you in mine or theirs? " Sang mentally asked God, the lightning boomed. She rolled her eyes, "I'm not doubting you, stop throwing a tantrum like a six year old." She said out loud her eyes fixed on the skies, this time the lighting flashed again but no booming sound followed.

"Stop grumbling and let me focus. " She stuck her tongue out at the sky in a playful manner before turning to look at the houses. A huge smile on her face, she loved talking to God, he was her best friend.

She always believed that he was listening to her and talking through natural signs. She sighed as she moved towards the village, life just got a hundred times better. Note the sarcasm.

The village was very old, no one seemed to be living there anymore, at least not the alive once. Sang sighed, first a train, now a village full of ghosts, what next? Godzilla? She rolled her eyes at her stupid thoughts as she continued to walk.

There were footfalls behind her like someone was following her, fear sparked, she was lucky to get alive out of the first attack but how lucky is she to get alive out of a village full of ghosts?

"If I'm dying I'm coming to haunt you." She said threateningly looking at sky, the lighting stuck again but it was more of a laughter, "yeah enjoy yourself. " She winked as she continued to walk.

She heard someone snort, "so you are a loon, I should have known who in their right minds would come to this place of death." A girl's voice said.

Her voice sounded heavy and distorted as she spoke, Sang jumped at the sudden sound in complete darkness.