Chapter 22

Sang's skin continued to grow paler and paler as her body temperature dropped sharply. Sabrina ran around the dark temple of the death, this was the only place she knew no one would dare to step in.

Sang lay on the alter that was made from the dark marble, "Mama will Sang be okay?" Lizzy questioned as she looked up at her mother, Sabrina's throat tightened, the last of her hope diminished,there was nothing more she could do to help Sang. She had tried everything and nothing was working, Sang was slowly dying.

Her heart clenched in pain, she knew her daughter would be very upset if something happened to Sang and there was nothing she could do to protect her. Tears trailed down her cheeks as she kneeled on the floor helpless. Lizzy moved towards her mother wiping her tears as Sabrina hugged her close.

She shivered as she felt the temperature of the room drop sharply, the goosebumps on her body rose as her body turned into complete alert mode. There was so much power in the air that it almost chocked her, the cold room filled with a dark power as she saw a body  materialize from the shadows, her eyes widened, her mouth open in shock and awe as she watched the god of death, Albunis, himself appear out of no where.

She bowed respectfully as she watched the mighty powerful Albunis walk in the room, his eyes were red like blood,his skin completely pale. His lips were scarlet too, however his hair were dark, silky  and long that reached well past his waist. He was a very tall and broad man,every inch of him screamed power and destruction. He wore a dark robe with a dark cloak that was encrusted with dark red rubies. The man was raw power and he stood here, in front of her. She couldn't believe her eyes, her body grew numb with shock as she continued to blink up at the handsome god.

She was confused as she watched the eyes of death focused on Sang, he moved towards her with a deadly grace,his face unnaturally calm. He seemed like a dream, too serene to be true, the temple suddenly felt too small with the raw power that the god of death emitted.

Albunis gazed at his daughter, his precious daughter looked like a corpse, the mere sight of her so broken and lifeless had his knees suddenly buckling but he held on, she needed him. He needs to be stronger,being the god that he is, he lacked a soul, and for the first time he was thankful for that because he knew if he had one he would have died at the mere sight of her in such a state. His dark heart twisted with pain. He felt as though someone had poured acid in his heart, he looked down at the alter where his daughter laid pale and almost on the verge of death. He smiled, death ,he thought sarcastically. She was the daughter of death, she was his daughter. The princess of the underworld. His daughter.

He ran his hand through the soft locks of her hair, she looked so much like her mother, Melody,the one mortal soul that death himself fell in love with even though she was married, and here laid their daughter, their symbol of love.

He pressed his lips on her forehead, "My precious daughter." Raw power flowed out of his mouth as he addressed his unconscious daughter. Who was unaware of everything, she had been through so much and yet she was here strong and a pure soul. A sharp contrast to his dark and tainted heart,"You have still a lot of unfinished business here my petal, you can't return home so early. You need to live."  He kissed her once again as he whispered the words. His hand ran through his hair. He wanted nothing more than to take her daughter away from this world that has given her nothing but pain. He wanted to take her back to the underworld, the one place that he controlled completely.

The dead were his, but that wasn't the case for the once alive. Fate is a bitch. She always twisted everything up, why did she had to make his daughter to be the savior of mankind? Why can't anyone else do it? He wanted nothing more than to take her back to his kingdom. But no, he couldn't because he was the god of death and his power was only limited to the dead.