Chapter 2

Sang hadn't realized how long it had been till she looked up, it was time to get her lunch ready, she moved toward the kitchen and began removing the ingredients from the fridge.

She removed all the ingredients required for taco soup and began preparing it. She was humming softly her favorite song , "Will you mind if I tasted some of it ?" She heard an excited voice behind her, she nearly jumped out of her skin in fear. No one could ever sneak up on her, no one, well except for the ghosts.

She turned around swiftly, her hand on her chest as though willing her heart to calm down, which was beating probably hundred miles per second with fear.

Sang looked up at the handsome boy with long blonde curls that reached till his chin, he was beautiful. Just like a model from one of those fashion magazines.

"Oops! Sorry didn't mean to scare you cupcake. " Luke smiled sheepishly at her, she noticed he was a well built guy with well defined muscles, he was obviously taller than her, he had deep chocolate brown eyes that were lit with mischief. He had a sunshine personality, she could see that but he also seemed like a prankster.

She could be wrong though. "It's fine and sure you can have it once it's ready. " Her voice was soft as her cheeks turned a pretty red as she blushed, she was caught staring at him, he had a smirk on his face as he looked at the blushing girl.

"My name is Lucian Taylor but you call me Luke because everyone does, What's your name cupcake ?" Luke grinned as he looked at the beautiful girl, she was so cute.

"Sang." She replied with a warm smile, "What are you making ?" Luke asked as he watched Sang dice some vegetables. "Taco soup." She answered automatically.

"Awesome! Since when have you been cooking ?"  Luke asked trying to make a conversation, he saw something close to sadness pass through her eyes.

"A very long time." He noticed that her reply was vague, "Do you know how to cook ?" She questioned in return, "Yes or at least I did when I was human." Luke's smile was sad, she felt her heart tightening a bit in sorrow for him.

Why do god has to take away the lives of best people? "You know my grandma was an excellent cook too, she was the one who taught me a few dishes. " Sang smiled sadly at the memories of the sweet woman, who had done everything good for her at least what she could do, she never spoke about her to anyone but with Luke it felt easy and natural.

"My uncle taught me how to cook he was an excellent chef. " He shared with her, he knew that she was different, the way she blushed, the way she held that innocent look in her eyes.

"Sang! Where are my pencil heels ?" Marie came barging in the kitchen, Sang's heart skipped a beat with a fear, she racked through her brain trying to recall where she had placed them.

"Um... In your walk in closet on the last shelf. " Sang replied softly, "And where is my black clutch ?" She folded her arms as she glared at her. "I don't know, it wasn't in the boxes. " Sang replied, she would have remembered if she would have put them somewhere.

"Are you telling me that's it's my fault that I can't find my clutch, that I'm fucking irresponsible you imbecile?" Marie snapped, "no... No I didn't mean that. " She shuttered her face pale with fear.

Luke's fist clenched, he didn't like the way this girl way talking to Sang, she was threatening her, his jaw clenched in anger as he glared at Marie as though he was about to kill her.

"Don't you dare lie !" She roared as she raised her hand to hit her, Sang shut her eyes, her heart bursting with fear as she waited for her to hit her, she opened her eyes, one at a time, looking at Marie's hand that seemed to be frozen in air.