Chapter 7

Sang couldn’t believe her eyes, who could be this cruel to kill a kitten? Who could be so mean to harm an innocent animal?

Tears flowed down her eyes continuously, she hid her face in Owen’s chest as she continued to cry, he hugged her tighter as the others shared a look? What was one supposed to do when girls cry? How is one supposed to pacify a crying girl?

Owen picked up the crying girl in his arms and carried her to the couch, he sat there with her till her sobs turned into nothing but sniffles .

Owen shared a look with all the others as he patted her back in a soothing rhythm the way his mother used to do when he would cry as a young child.

The boys all sat around looking at Sang and Owen, they wanted to kill HIM, he was the reason that she was crying. Why was HE here? Wasn’t it enough for him that he had already had them in this state of half dead and half alive?

Sang brought her emotions under control, she looked around at all the worried faces. They all gave her soft smiles, “Who had done that?” Sang asked worried looking at the boys.

“Someone you don’t need to worry about pumpkin.” Sean assured as he gave her a half smile and kissed her cheeks, she blushed a million shades of red as he moved back, he gave a cheeky smile and a wink.

The grandfather clock in the room began chiming and the boys all froze, NOT NOW DAMN IT! They mentally screamed, they needed to leave, they hadn’t even noticed that the sun was going down, they needed to leave the house, just so they won’t end up doing something to Sang in their cursed form, they couldn’t let her see them in those cursed form, she’ll hate them.

They knew she’ll be disgusted by them, who wouldn’t? she was a pretty girl and they on the other hand were the cursed creatures of night who were ugly as hell, they didn’t need to see her being disgusted of them, they really didn’t want to.

They really had begun caring for her way too much than they had expected themselves. They wanted to be here and comfort her but they also didn’t want her to be disgusted by them, they were cursed, meant to suffer for the rest of their lives while she was a human with a budding life.

She was life, they were death, no matter how hard they tried they could never be one. Their hearts weighed way too much with the realization.

They really wanted to share with the rest of their lives with her but how that was possible? Not only were they half dead, every Tuesday they turned into someone they all despised, they hated being that creature but that was an inevitable part of them, Tuesdays were their sour reality.

They knew no matter how kind hearted Sang was she won’t accept that part of their or maybe she would but they were just too afraid to try.

It was too much of a risk to lose her, they can’t bare too see the hatred and disgust in her eyes for them.

“We need to leave Sang, tonight we can’t be with you but you make sure that you stay out of trouble. No matter what happens, even if the fucking world is ending or there is someone knocking on your door, or you hear even our voices don’t open the damn door. And I am serious as fuck trouble, don’t leave the house or go up to the fourth floor it is not safe at all. Do you understand?” Gabriel questioned, his hands cupped her cheeks as he said the words, he wanted her to understand and for once not to live up to her name.

“Yes Gabriel.” She nodded, the boys sighed and took turns to hug her tight and kiss her cheeks before disappearing in thin air, their eyes held a longing look, it was clear that they didn’t want to leave her alone but something was forcing them to, she didn’t know what it was but she didn’t want them to be this sad.