A Second Chance, To Run - Ch.5 (Sequel-Emma & Johnny's Story) *In Progress*

*Here's the next chapter guys :D Sorry its been a few weeks, have been really busy and also have been working on my new story - which if you haven't read please check it out, I'll put a link down below! I hope you enjoy the chapter - please vote, fan and comment! <3 *

Chapter 5

Sara tucked a stray red curl behind her ear as she leant over her deck to rummage in her school bag for a pen. Around her, her new classmates were also getting their stuff out for the lesson. The teacher, a tall man with thin greying hair, stood with his back to his students as he wrote the date on the board.

Finding a pen, Sara straightened up and tried to calm her racing nervous. She didn’t know why she was so anxious; this was her third school in the space of a year, so it wasn’t like she didn’t know what it was like to be the new girl. Her father had to move around a lot with his job, and Sara had no choice but to go with him, it was that or live with her over-bearing mother. And that was something Sara did not want to even consider.    

Her green eyes were dull from lack of sleep and as she sat waiting for the lesson to begin, Sara found herself yawning. She tried to put her bad night sleeps down to stress of moving again, but she knew she was lying to herself. The reason she wasn’t sleeping probably was because of her dreams – or rather nightmares.

The classroom door open then and Sara looked up to see two late students hurrying in. They were obviously twins, they had the same look about their faces, the same shaped eyes and skin tone, but there was where the similarities ended. The girl was petite with a soft, pretty face and thick red-brown hair. But the boy was tall and muscular, his shoulders broad and face angular with a strong jaw and high-cheekbones. His hair was yet black and tousled, but it was his eyes that make Sara stiffen. They were an unearthly yellowy gold – the same colour as those in her nightmares. The eyes of a wolf.

Don’t be stupid, Sara told herself fiercely, there just dreams – nothing more. Still, she couldn’t stop the mixture of terror and longing from coiling in her chest as she watched the twins hurriedly take their seats in front of hers. Sara didn’t know if she was imagining it or not, but she could have sworn the wolf-eyed guy was purposely looking anywhere but at her.      

But before she could make head or tail of the guy’s odd behaviour, the empty seat next to her was being filled by a tall guy with the brightest blue eyes Sara had ever seen.

“Hey,” he said cheerfully, flashing a wide smile at her, “you new?”      

Why does everyone always ask that when obviously it’s correct? Sara thought to herself, but she replied with a smile nevertheless, “yes, first day, I moved here last weekend.”          

“Must be all very confusing and scary,” the guy observed, placing in text book on the desk.

“Not really,” Sara spoke emotionlessly, “I’m used to it. My dad’s job means we move around a lot.”     

“That sounds like it sucks. I would hate that, never being able to settle in a place properly. I’m Harvey by the way.”   

“It’s nice to meet you Harvey,” Sara said truthfully, “I’m Sara.”  

“That’s an unusual name,” he stated, running a hand through his short curly blond hair as he glanced at the board to copy down the title.

“Is it?” Sara asked, not really caring for the answer.

Harvey obviously wasn’t expecting an answer to his statement either for he didn’t answer her. Instead he was busy scribbling down the bullet points the teacher had written on the board. Sara quickly moved to do the same. As she began to write, glancing up now and then at the board, she found her eyes being drawn to the wolf-eyed-guy again. He was sitting the next row in front of her and to the left – his sister beside him.

Sara found herself admiring the strong line of his shoulders and wondering what it would be like to run her fingers through his thick dark hair. As if he felt her gaze upon him, the guy stiffened and looked over his shoulder.

Their eyes met and Sara bit her lip. A flick of fear gripped her insides as his golden eyes seemed to darken. Embarrassment reddened her cheeks at being caught staring at him, yet Sara couldn’t look away. She found herself falling into those alien eyes, her vision tunnelling until she could see only him. Palms sweaty and heart racing, she swallowed and tried to remember how to breathe.

Before her eyes she could almost see the guy drawing back his lips and bearing his teeth at her in a snarl. The terrifying this was however, Sara wasn’t sure if it was terror or desire that was making her blood hum with adrenaline.

“Sara?” the sound of Harvey saying her name snapped her back to reality.

She blinked and suddenly she was staring at the guy’s back, as if he had never been turned towards her. Wondering if she had just imagined the whole thing, Sara turned wild eyes round to look at the blond teen seated beside her.

“Are you OK?” Harvey asked as he frowned at her, sounding truly concerned.

Sara nodded, the blood pounding loudly in her ears.

“Did you hear what I said?”

“N-no,” Sara said, wiping her sweaty palms on her jean beneath the desk, “I’m sorry, what were you saying?”  

Harvey gave her a bemused look before repeating himself, “I said, are you free tonight? As I’m having a couple of friends over mine later to you just hang out, and I was wondering if you would like to join us. I bet it must suck being the new girl and thought if you came to mine tonight, I could help you make some new friends.”

Something inside of Sara told her Harvey wasn’t telling her the whole truth, but she couldn’t deny that the idea of making some friends sounded appealing.

Despite her gut instinct telling her to be wary, Sara said brightly, “Yes, thank you, Harvey, that sounds great. Where do you live?”

*So, what did you think? Please tell me in a comment below! X *

Also, please check out my new story as I said above : http://www.wattpad.com/story/2553001-being-kidnapped-by-a-super-hot-guy-doesn%27t-sound

<3