A Second Chance, To Run - Prologue (Sequel-Emma & Johnny's Story) *In Progress*

*Hey everyone. My first attempt at the sequal to 'I live with vampires...' & 'Love, obsession, hate...' wasn't working out for me. Sorry to anyone who was enjoy it but I decided to delet it and try again! And I hope you guys will agree that my completely different take on the sequel is better ;) Anyways, here we go, enjoy the prologue (thing) now. PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT !!!! <3 *

***

When I was little, my mother used to tell me stories – stories about the boy who ran with wolves. About the boy who lived for the wolves. About the boy who was a wolf. I never believed them; never thought there could be any truth in them. Until I met them.

When I was little, my mother used to tell me stories about a boy and his wolves. Now, I am telling my own story about wolves. However mine, I cannot promise, will end happily. In my story the boy ran with the wolves...loved the wolves...and was prepared to die for the wolves.

One year Ago

            He moved with alien grace through the wintery trees. His large paws crunched in the snow as he prowled under the bare, gnarled branches. Yellow eyes stood out against his black furred face and the colourless surroundings. Hot breath rose as vapour as he puffed out his apprehension. Never before had he allowed himself to be drawn so close to the house, never before had he given in the lure.                           

From behind him there came the cracking of deeply packed snow. On swift paws, the one with white fur pressed against his side and touched her muzzle to his. Asking him, no, begging him not to continue. She sent him vivid images between their link and he growled low in his chest. A warming, stern and dangerous. White fur bristling and thick tail lifting, she whimpered and pushed her head against his shoulder – trying to turn him around.  

Black fur gleaming, he turned on her. Snapping with his powerful jaws and shoving her away with his broader frame. When she still tried to get in his way, he knocked her over. Pinning her down into the snow, her white fur blending perfectly into the flawless blank canvas, he dug his claw into her neck. Snarling, pulling lips back from his long, sharp teeth, he bared them close to her face. Yellow eyes fixed on yellow eyes and the two stared at each other for a long moment. Then she lowered her gaze.                  

Instantly he was off, bounding away from her with a fluff of snow and a blur of black fur. She remained on the ground, letting the cold seep into her skin through her thick pelt.                                             

The tree thinned now, the wind intensified and the scent was blown into his face. Then, all of a sudden, the forest ended and he was standing behind a chain link fence. Beyond the fence was a garden of a house, the building looked warm and inviting but what stood in the garden drew him truly.                   

Like a statue the girl with curly red hair stood in the middle of the snow carpeted garden. Her coat was open and her clothes beneath thin – yet she made no move to button her coat up to keep the biting cold at bay. Skin pale, finger tips and cheeks red from the chill, the girl stood motionless. Her eyes were closed and breathes shallow.                                                                                                                           

He listened intently, focusing on her until he could hear the distinct beat of her heart. It was slow and rhythmic – telling him she was asleep, that she was sleep-walking. There was a gate in the fence that was slightly ajar. Whimpering, he twisted his ears uneasily as he looked from the girl to the open gate. His eyes were drawn to her hands again, fingers long and artistic. And freezing cold. A desire to have those fingers run through his fur, to bury them in his warmth, overwhelmed him. Like a balloon, the yearning to get closer to her swelled until he felt like if he didn’t give in it would be pierced on his ribs and burst.