A Second Chance, To Run - Ch.7 (Sequel-Emma & Johnny's Story) *In Progress*

*Sorry again guys that its been ages! Thanks for being patient and for coming back to read more <3*

Chapter 7

Johnny’s roar drowned out the gunshot and Emma was knocked to the floor as her brother surged forwards. The Hunter dodged to the left, avoiding Johnny’s curved claws and deadly jaws.

The bullet had missed by a centimetre, exploding the light bulb above Emma in a shower of glass. Emma covered her head with her arms instinctively.

Inside her, her wolf was trying desperately to tear down her self-control and take over. It took everything she had not to give in and change. She looked up and saw Johnny crouching low on the landing and snarling at Sara. The Hunter was out of Emma’s line of vision but she knew that she must have her gun pointed at Johnny.

 A rush of fury exploded through Emma. She was suddenly gripped with an overpowering urge to protect her twin brother, her pack member. The violence it awoke inside of her would frighten her later, but now it drove Emma to stand and step in front of Johnny once again.

Sara pulled the trigger.

The bullet this time hit – embedding itself into the muscle of Johnny’s shoulder. Emma saw red, her nails split and claws grew, her teeth lengthened and her eyes shone yellow as she threw herself at the Hunter. She did not change form, just allowed the wolf to the surface.

They went down hard. Emma pinned the smaller girl down, her claws cutting into her arms and her teeth snapping slow to her face. The gun was pressed sideways against her throat, keeping her teeth from finding their target. A wild snarl tore from her lips and she slashed her hand down and cut deep claw marks into the Hunter’s right side, tearing cloth and skin like paper. 

The human part of Emma was aware of the hot blood on her hands but the wolf was only driven on by the heavy sent of it in the air. She did not hear the sound of the front door below being kicked in – finally cutting off Harvey’s frantic shouts and cried of “Oh my God”, “What the fuck?”, “I’m dreaming” and “Oh my God my best friends are fucking werewolves – I’m gonna die!”.

Impossibly fast footsteps rushed up behind Emma and suddenly familiar hands had seized hold of her and she was pulled off the Hunter.

“Emma, stop!” Damon’s urgent voice shouting in her ear did nothing to sooth the wolf now. It struggled against the vampire’s strength, clawed and snarling at him.

There was a rush of golden hair then Alistair was crouching before her. 

“Relax, Emma, and look at yourself. This isn’t you. You aren’t violent and out of control like this. This isn’t who your parents brought you up to be!”

“Johnny!” Emma spat, her voice closer to a growl then English, “she’s here to kill him!”

“She’s just a child, Emma,” Damon pleaded, “she isn’t any older than you. Trust me you don’t want that sort of young blood on your hands.”

The wolf was growling softly deep in Emma’s ears but now as she blinked, her eyes dimming and teeth shrinking. She no longer saw a deadly threat but instead a girl crying and bleeding on the carpet. There was blood on her hands, beneath her nails. Nausea washed over Emma then and she almost threw up.

Damon nodded to Alistair over her head and the werewolf turned to check on the girl. He took off his shirt – revealing a white tank top underneath – and pressed the material to the slashes to her side.