Chapter 46 - Murmur

The door was closed and they soon heard the bolts inside lock one by one.

"I just hope the King doesn't pass by again. Maybe you should.." Jimin stops as he watched Jungkook's back still holding the door knob of Taehyung's room.

"P-prince.. are you.." Jimin all of a sudden was unsure if he could address Jungkook by his name again.

"I'm fine.. I just.. " Jungkook faced Jimin and caressed his forearms as his eyes fell, staring at the ground.

Jimin was a bit confused with Jungkook's swift change in demeanor. He was quiet all of a sudden like he was rethinking what he had done. When Jimin was about to open his mouth and pull himself away, Jungkook pulled him into a chaste kiss.

"I-I'll see you tomorrow.." Jungkook says as he pulled away and walked out of the floor heading to his room as Jimin just watched him thinking if Jungkook regret what just happened hearing his footsteps echo down the marble steps.

~

Seokjin choked seeing Taehyung stand there naked in front of him.

"Y-your high.."

"Please, lock the door." Taehyung orders. A flash of lightning came crashing down outside but the prince didn't flinch. His purple eyes unwavering, his body was as if it were glowing with how warm he was making parts of him pink, his words so calm making Seokjin a bundled up wad of nerves.

"Y-yes.. your h-highness.." Seokjin made a meek bow and took another look at Taehyung as he hesitantly turned around and slowly locked each bolt on the door trying to calm his mind.

He was nervous, he wasn't supposed to be here. He had sworn to the King that he was to move away to keep the peace in the palace and let everything fall into order. He should not be seen here what with the King believing that he was jesting his son. There was nothing good to come of this and he would just be putting everything in shambles. To the King's belief that he was at fault for fooling the prince made him furious, when the reality was that it was his son to blame, using a clueless Stableman and wrapping him around his fingers, manipulating and playing with him like he was some sort of marionette. Seokjin was still mad at Taehyung for using him like that, making him wear a godforsaken ring to make him have alpha abilities. He was getting lost inside his head with his internal turmoil when he felt two warm hands rest onto the small of his back slowly dragging upwards.

His heart was unbelievably beating so loud he felt like Taehyung could feel it through his back. Taehyung's hands went up, slowly against his wet clothed skin. Seokjin released a shuddered breathe feeling the tip of Taehyung's nose onto his nape breathing him in. Then he felt Taehyung's forehead rest on the middle of his back as his hands went and caressed his shoulders down his arms making his knees soften like wet noodles.

Taehyung was now pulling and untucking his shirt from his pants when he gained control of himself and jumped away.

"Y-your highness.. I don't-" Seokjin says holding up a hand in front of Taehyung as he moved away, walking to the side of the bed, eyes not tearing away from Taehyung as the latter slowly followed him.

"Taehyung." The prince says softly, wanting so badly to hear his name fall from Seokjin's lips.

Seokjin cleared his throat. How is he easily just falling for the Prince's trap again? This man is.. he's going to be married. He was going to be married and.. it may not be with Jungkook because why on Earth would he help close him in? But, there was still going to be a competition to be held and there are a ton of Alphas competing. And not just typical alphas, royal ones. But as he thought of this, why would Prince Taehyung go all the way down to the stables in the middle of the storm and risk himself just to see him in the middle of his heat? Did he really mean what he said he felt about him? Was it not all an experiment?