Chapter 8 - Samchon

Taehyung suddenly felt guilt and sadness rise from his gut. A ball painfully forming in his throat.

"You... you must hate the prince, huh?" he asks quietly trying to avoid Seokjin's eyes. He was looking down at his fingers.

Seokjin suddenly felt concerned with what V asked and how his demeanor changed. He noticed how V was blinking rapidly and was he about to cry??

He suddenly didn't know what to do. Was he making new comers cry now?

"Well, good going Seokjin. Now, we'll have no more help in the stable. Great!" He mentally scolded himself. He didn't know how to make the kid feel better.

"Oh, right!" He mentally high-fived himself remembering what his mother told him about his scent. That he could calm her whenever she felt nervous, sad and tensed. When his father went out and fought during the war, he was their sanity.

His mother and younger brother were both omegas so they were feeding off both stressed pheromones to each other. Even though Seokjin's was dull, he did his best along with the words he spoke and his actions. Both his mom and brother were able to sleep along side him not wanting to let him go.

He got up and stood behind Taehyung. V didn't even notice him since he was already crying silently. Jin awkwardly draped his arms around Taehyung bending over behind him since he was seated on the chair. He bent further almost rubbing his right temple on V's left ear trying to let out as much pheromones as he could. He knew his scent was faint, but if he tried real hard, the effect would be wonderful.

"I don't hate the prince at all. Not one bit. My dad always told me stories about him and praised him every way he could. Even though I haven't met the prince yet, I know he is a great man that will surely continue to bring peace and salvation to our country. He is our future, I am proud to serve him and to be a part of this Kingdom. My dad died protecting the prince and if I could, I would do the same without hesitation." Jin says while doing his best with his pheromones because he can't even smell himself because of his plugged nose.

Taehyung was sobbing. He failed to keep it in. But he felt it, a faint smell of rich chocolate and a hint of whipped cream danced around him, soothing and slowly melting his sadness away. The painful hole in his heart was gradually being filled with fuzziness with the words that came out of Seokjin's mouth. It tickled his heart. His cries gradually came to an end as they stayed there as if frozen in time. He was feeling a sudden bliss like he was floating on clouds. If it wasn't for Jin's arms around him, he'd feel like he would actually float away.

He loved how he fit perfectly between Jin's arms and on his chest so close to him. He wanted, needed to drown in this feeling. It was not enough though, without thinking, he pulled Jin more towards him and nuzzled his face on the latter's neck. Finally finding Seokjin's strongest scent gland behind his ear, he took in a long and deep breathe sucking in as much as he could with his eyes closed. Even though the beta's scent was not strong as he wanted it to be, he felt as though he was on cloud 9, he wanted to stay there forever.

Seokjin's heart was going crazy inside his chest. He had just spent less than an hour with the new helper but he was feeling all protective and caring over him. He felt V totally relaxed and stopped crying. He tightened his hug around V and heard a silent hum of content. V's arms started to curl inward settling between them, he looked like he was about to sleep. Jin wanted to scent him as well, he can't be more upset for being a Beta with a plugged up nose right now. He was about to kiss the top of V's head but caught himself halfway and sniffed instead, but of course, nothing.

They stayed like that for a few minutes until Jin felt fiddly with how he was supposed to act and how he should control his thoughts and.. feelings?