Chapter 1 - Stablemen

Warm coffee slid warmly through his throat as it slowly ran shivers through his body, leaving tingles on his fingers prompting his nerves to awaken.

The sun's rays haven't even reflected on the horizon but Jin is already up and awake just right before dawn drinking his coffee while his eyes were still closed.

Setting his cup of coffee down, he began preparing his breakfast. Simple eggs and toast would do.

It has been three years since Jin had taken over the responsibilities of the head stableman since his dad passed away. The royal family had always been close to his and had never looked for others since his family had the magic touch when it came to the noble steed.

He always misses his father and never fails to feel proud of what he had accomplished. Gaining the royal family's trust was the best thing that happened to their lives.

Ever since his great grandfather trained the past king's noble steed, the family has been under the royal's wing from then on.

Munching on his toast, Jin was just staring blankly at the castle as lights were slowly flickering on from the grounds where the maids and cooks were. 

The palace was huge, it housed it's own stable which had 20 horses, an arena, a field archery, a small farm, acres and acres of land that had some covered with lush vegetation and a lake. They had hundreds of guards roaming the place taking day and night shifts.

Kim Hyun-wook was the most famous knight-errant years ago. He was a chivalrous, brave, agile and generous knight who stumbled upon the Kingdom of Nakewoa. Feeling sympathetic to it's princess and it's people, he sought out the challenge to conquer the Kingdom. After attaining the battle, Kim Hyun-wook was recognized for his dauntless valour and kind heart. The princess did not need no winning over since she fell in love with the knight in no time. 

Thus the reign of the Kim's started and the throne was passed down to it's descendants from generation to generation making it the greatest Kingdom of the country and of the century.

Jin still remembered how his father would tell him stories and stories of how great the royal family were and how they helped end slavery. They were able to generate more jobs for the poor and built housing for peasants.

Jin's great grandfather was one of those peasants. Being an Omega male, his great grandfather had an abhorrent past. He was used as a sex slave and was passed on from one Alpha to another. It was sheer luck that the Alpha prince at the time found him lying in the middle of the forest and was about to breathe his last breath. 

The prince brought him back to the palace and was given proper care until he was fully recovered and was given the job of being a stable boy. His great grandfather was a natural in training the horses and taught the horses tricks to save the knights and the royal family in the midst of danger.

He then soon fell in love and mated with an Alpha maid that was also a royal subject in the palace. His family was then sewn into the royal's history from then on.

Putting on his long sleeved shirt and swinging on his jacket, he was annoyed that Namjoon had yet gone out of his room to greet him.

"I refuse to do more work today. AGAIN. I'm the head stableman for christ's sake."

Jin then knocked on his room loud enough to wake him up so they could start the day.

"Joon-ah! Get up or I will hide horse manure somewhere in your room where you can't find it!!!" -something he's done in the past.

"I'm up!" Namjoon quickly opened the door still in his tank-top and boxers. His eyes were still closed as he just stood in front of the door with his messy hair, obviously falling asleep again while standing up.

Jin couldn't help but to scan Namjoon slowly and gulped when he noticed Namjoon's morning wood. Blushing hard, he looked away and started heading to the main door.

"Please get ready. If I don't see you help us muck out, I will soak your pillow in horse urine!" He was struggling to get his feet in his work boots. He stomped his foot down and it slid right in. He swiftly turned around to get Namjoon's acknowledgement since he didn't get a response.

"GOT IT?!!" He stumbled back in shock not noticing Namjoon followed him to the door and was right behind him.

He was about to fall when Namjoon wrapped his arms around his waist in reflex and prevented Jin from falling out of their cottage. His eyes widen from the close proximity of their faces and gently pushed Namjoon by the chest.

Namjoon slowly released him and said, "Got it." While smiling simper showing his dimples.

Oh how he hates how that stupid face and those stupid dimples still made his heart go nuts after what happened between the both of them.

Jin immediately turned around and got out of their cottage, almost running to the other cottages beside theirs trying to wake everyone else up to start the day. 

🐴

Hey guys, thank you for being here! haha. So, I felt a lack of Taejin AU's in the world. When I saw Taehyung riding a horse in the recent BV, I just couldn't help myself. I have been working on other Taejin AU's as well but I had more fun making this and I forced myself to publish this so I could actually finish it. I hope you guys enjoy this too! 

Also, friendly reminder that this is fanfiction. I may not actually be following a real monarchy or know things about horses. I've read different sources about the ABO universe and the topics I write about in this fic. I'm writing with what I researched so you don't have to continue reading if you don't like it. I don't own any of the photos and just edited my cover.

For those of you who want your taejin thirst to be quenched, read along. :D

I also have this on my A03 with the same username. hehe.

ALSO!! There's a lot of short chapters in the beginning because I was just testing the waters, forgive me hahahah