Chapter 32 - Omega Guardian

Meanwhile, on the same day..

"I, Kim Jimin, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Kingdom Kim against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the King and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform code of Military Justice. I shall uphold the royal majesty of the monarch, and the pride and dignity of the armed forces.

I, Kim Jimin, shall support a regime committed to His Majesty the King, the Queen and the Prince.

I shall uphold your legacy as if it were my own life!"

It was the graduation day of the newly appointed omega guardians that will be taking responsibility of the Prince's security in place of the previous alpha guardians. To tighten the watch over Prince Taehyung and for his general safety, the King and Queen have decided to have Yoongi collect the top trainees from the military academy and have them inaugurated for the Prince's birthday celebration and moving forward.

It has been a shame for General Yoongi to admit that some of his best alpha military guardians failed him by their instinctual needs. They have tried to appoint alpha guardians for the Prince to guard the floor where the Prince's room is located but when the Prince goes through his heat, the alpha guardians fall weak to their urges. Ignoring the omega scent was one of the missions that alpha guardians train for at the academy. Only the top of the range soldiers made it out by standing still with protruding boners at the end of the Prince's hallway. Some had given in and intruded the Prince's royal quarters. The Prince's trusted servant, Hobi, would then ring a loud heavy bell to alert danger and intrusion so as other soldiers who had greater restraint would come to their rescue. Soldiers who gave in to their instincts were immediately eliminated from the military by failure to meet soldierly expectations.

It doesn't happen all of the time but it was stressful for General Yoongi to replace fallen soldiers almost every month. Soldiers that would even come as to knock on the Prince's door without any reason and stare with red glowing eyes were immediately considered as threats. It was as if the soldiers were guarding the Prince from themselves among other alpha's in the castle. It was a circus. The whole five days would always be what the military dreaded in a month. Most of them wouldn't mean to desire the Prince but when his enticing scent seeps out through his heavy bronze and mahogany wooden door embossed with a powerful image of a tiger, they can't seem to control themselves as they are hypnotized with his sweet strawberry and fresh pine scent. They would mindlessly walk towards the door staring at the tiger's eyes feeling as though they would combust if they would not get to have a taste of that pure sweet nectar.

Soldiers weren't always appointed to guard the Prince but when the war broke, it was a necessity. Before the tragedy, the palace was infiltrated by the enemy as they pretended as cooks and servants. The military wasn't easily infiltrated because they had a tight orientation and cooperative process. But this is something that the King and Queen would not want to risk. It is fortunate that up to this point, the Prince has kept his chastity and virtue.

Stakes are high knowing that his birthday was also to be the announcement of his to be wedded lifelong partner, his paired King who would gain duty of reigning the kingdom along side him. It is going to be a fierce competition and they would rather not have any complications toward the said event.

Prince Taehyung's parents are very knowledgeable of their son's scheduled heat every month. Heat suppressants and birth control tonics(not that he needed them) were forbidden for the Prince to consume to keep his body and his hormones in its prime to make sure of his fertility. They wanted to keep his purity and his most desired stature at its best. Beside the fact of the fortunate alpha obtaining the position of being the reigning King beside the soon to be King Taehyung, the prince was also the most wanted omega male prince to have existed, giving them the best stroke of luck any alpha royal could ever wish for.