Chapter 45 - Star-crossed

The prince knew that the housekeeping were cleaning up his soiled sheets at the time, that's why he decided to take a long cool bubble bath. He poured half a bottle of the chocolate alpha perfume in with the water and duck his head under. It brought him comfort as if Seokjin was also there with him. He smiled a little imagining Seokjin staying with him in the castle. He played with the water, splashing and gently cleaning himself with a loofah letting his mind wander.

His ears perked up when he heard Hobi talking about someone's brother. He could hear him talking though it was faint. It peeked his curiosity knowing Jimin was supervising them and who else was a brother he would want to know about? He carefully got out of his big white porcelain tub, water splashing, wiping his feet on a rug and grabbing a towel to wrap around his waist. He walked towards the door of his humungous bathroom and pressed his ear behind the back of the mahogany door. The voices beyond it were a bit muffled since Taehyung's bathroom was located far of beyond his vanity and his walk in closets adding to the space of his luxurious room.

"That beta should have stayed in jail. God knows what else he could do. Hurting a royal didn't seem like a hard task for him to accomplish, who knows who he would hurt next? Everyone thinks he's just a harmless man until something doesn't go his way, then he acts worse than an aggravated alpha!"

He heard Hobi through the door. Taehyung was shocked and confused as to why Hobi made such a statement. What was Hobi getting at? He knew Taehyung loved the man and he's out there speaking ill about him. Taehyung couldn't believe that he actually heard that coming out of Hobi's mouth. Where was this attitude coming from? Hobi isn't normally like this. It hurt Taehyung hearing this from one of the people he trusts the most. And Seokjin wasn't a beta! Why was he still referring to Seokjin as one?

He could now also hear Jimin all of a sudden and so he cupped his ear on to the door trying to make their voices a bit louder. He wanted to open the door to let in more of their conversation tho he feared they would notice. And so he stayed calm and listened carefully holding his breath.

"I'm honestly glad the King made your brother go away, he's no good for Taehyung! What a loser. I can't wait for them to realize you are no good for him too! You both are such lying pricks! I can't believe that you're the best thing the academy had come up with. What a fucking joke! When Prince Jungkook and Taehyung tie the knot, they will soon realize what you really are..."

Taehyung gasped hearing what Hobi just said. Does he have water in his ears or something? Because he didn't just hear that come out of Hobi, right? Did he just say the King made Jimin's brother go away? He made his Seokjin go away?

He stepped away from the door feeling like Hobi's words lit up a fire and the door was burning. He covered his mouth with a hand as tears pricked his eyes. Why did his father do this? Did they not approve of Seokjin? What did they mean he lied? Did they still think he was a beta? Was this why he wasn't brought to him?

Taehyung was sobbing quietly, careful not to make any sound as he sniffed in his snot as he cried staring at the door. He just felt like his whole world came crashing down, Seokjin was gone. His chest tightened in pain. Seokjin wouldn't just leave him though, right? He was his mate. His heat was creeping up on him again. His eyes were getting hot because of his tears and his stomach started to sting. He hated having to deal with his heat in the middle of this mess. Moments later, he heard the main door of his room shut making him jump. He heard it open again and, in attempts to hide his sorrow, Taehyung decided to hop back into his tub to wash out his feelings in worry that Hobi was going to check up on him in the bath but thankfully, he did not. He heard the main door close again and after that, silence.

He dealt with his heat while thinking where Seokjin might have gone. There's nothing worse than feeling horny and absolutely devastated at the same time. After crying himself out and relieving his pain with his wooden dildo, he thought of what to do about Seokjin. He couldn't have gone far, could he? He was just recently released and there's a storm. He wouldn't want to ride RJ in such bad circumstance.