Chapter 43 - Storm

Seokjin and Namjoon were released after three days of staying in the palace's dungeon. They could have gone home the next day but Jungkook strongly disagreed and almost threw a fit complaining about his black eye. The King had his word with him and he seemed fine letting them go after.

"Hyung? Are you sure about this?" Namjoon asks holding on to a piece of parchment as he watched Seokjin from the door of his room in their cottage. They had dinner about two hours ago and Namjoon still could not get over Seokjin's decision.

"I'm absolutely sure, Joon. Who else would be better fit as the head stableman than you?" Seokjin says as he smiled and took out more clothes from his closet.

"I still can't believe you're going." Namjoon says gloomily watching Seokjin fold his clothes. "Let me come with you." he suddenly adds taking a step closer to Seokjin.

"Joon. I need this. You would allow me this time, wouldn't you? Plus? Who's going to head the stables?" Seokjin says with a tender smile. They have spoken about this during their time at the dungeons. He was preparing to head out tomorrow and was packing everything tonight.

"Of course.. I just.." Namjoon starts, Seokjin opens his arms gesturing Namjoon to come for a hug.

Namjoon had his arms wrapped around Seokjin's waist in seconds, hugging him tight. Seokjin chuckled patting his head.

Seokjin opted to take some time away from all the madness. He needed to recover from all the pain and realization. It had only been a few days, but he missed V so much and he can't take it. It just felt like a part of him died. He can't go on staying at the stables and working there with the memories of him and V in almost every corner and crevice of the stable. Even the rain made him remember V.

As everyone had expected, the rain had started pouring down once again. The indoor equestrian arena was done and it was just a matter of days before the Horse Trials start. Seokjin mentioned that he was just going to take a few days off but the truth is, he decided to leave, for good.

~

"You." One of the palace guards pointed his baton at Seokjin prompting him to stand up and follow him out of their cell. Namjoon worriedly watched as Seokjin weakly walked out, tightly held by two other guards.

He was brought into a large room with high ceilings that carried five humungous crystal chandeliers. Paintings of golden tigers in different poses covered the ceiling from end to end. Walls were etched in different textures with gold and intricate patterns while grand portraits of the Kim's were hung on the walls. Marble pillars were situated on either sides of the high windows from floor to ceiling draped with such long and elegant bronzing velvet shading curtains as golden figures of tigers bit on it's golden tassels to bring them to the side letting in much sunlight overlooking the wonderful view from the outside.

It was the day after they were imprisoned, Namjoon and Seokjin slept over night in the dungeon waiting for the uncertain. That night, Jimin visited Seokjin at one point but Seokjin was too upset with him to listen to his explanation. He left promising that they would be out of there in no time but Seokjin didn't even spare him a glance.

Jimin approached the King after leaving Taehyung with Hobi to watch over him with his heat. He was so afraid about what was going to happen to his brother seeing the determination of the King making his way down after his conversation with Taehyung. He was guilty for letting this come to this point. If only he took action from the beginning and maybe told his brother about it then he could have taken the right steps and decided for his own. Jimin felt like shit.

"I apologize for getting in your way, your highness. But I ask you to please reconsider.. m-my brother didn't mean to. It was a meaningless fight. He did not in any way have any ill intentions toward Prince Jungkook. It was a misunderstanding, your highness. I take full responsibility. Please, your highness."