Chapter 34 - Supposition

"Fuck, Kook! Just make it fast!"

Taehyung was getting frustrated with how Jungkook was just not getting the steps.

"OW! Damn it Kook, I need to be somewhere." Taehyung scolds Jungkook in a whisper. He stepped on his foot again. One pair of their hands were holding each other and Jungkook's other hand was on Taehyung's waist while Tae rested his hand on the alpha's shoulder. They were practicing their dance for the ball as his father had instructed but this also meant Taehyung would lose a day of "work" at the stables. He was trying to learn the steps fast but to his dismay, Jungkook was not getting it as fast as he was. He was even surprised that they needed to practice today without notice. He wasn't even able to tell Seokjin he wasn't coming into work today. He hoped Seokjin didn't think their date tonight was canceled though.

"Hellooo?" Taehyung snaps his fingers in front of Jungkook's face to get his attention. Jungkook has his mouth agape staring at something at the corner of the elegant ballroom hall caught in a daze. Taehyung turned around to check what it was that had Jungkook's attention.

At the corner of the room was a long table filled with snacks and refreshments for the royals and the entertainers practicing for his birthday. Ah, could it be the food? Was Jungkook checking the food out again? But on the far right beside the table stood a group of guards. Taehyung noticed General Yoongi heading towards Jimin with two champagne glasses. He reached one of them to Jimin and the latter flashes a coy smile while bowing a little at General Yoongi. Then the general must have said something because Jimin laughed a little covering his mouth with his hand, both of them were chuckling.

Taehyung could have thought Jungkook was just hungry but the strong change in his scent deemed otherwise. Taehyung looked back at Jungkook, his eyebrows were knitted together in irritation. Taehyung knew it, Jungkook can't be solely into him alone.

"You like Jimin?" Taehyung asks as he stood beside Jungkook now, they were both looking at the direction of the palace security, a huge grin stretched his face.

"Huh? What?" Jungkook snapped out of his murderous thoughts. He didn't even notice that Taehyung was no longer in front of him but at his side.

"The guy with the pink hair? Don't tell me I'm wrong. I have my foot as a witness of your gross infatuation." Taehyung says unamused.

"O-oh. What? N-no.. I-I only l-like you..." Jungkook was stuttering as he chuckled trying to tear his eyes away from the direction of the guards.

"Is this really how dumb you think of me?" Taehyung rolled his eyes. Internally he was happy about this revelation. If they do get married then does it mean he can just allow Jungkook to be with Jimin and he could possibly be with Seokjin that way? It was a plan. His parents would be happy and he would be happy as well! He just needs Seokjin to know and agree.

"I d-don't know what you're talking about. I don't know of a Jimin." Jungkook says as he rolled out Jimin's name from his mouth as if he was trying to hear what it sounds like coming off his tongue. He looks back at the guards, just then, Jimin looked at him and their eyes met. He quickly looked back at Taehyung as his eyes widen.

"AHA! I knew it!" Taehyung says as he clapped his hands. He slapped Jungkook's arm. "Tell you what, I'll introduce you two. Let's just please make this practice quick, please?"

Jungkook clears his throat. "I-I don't like him.. like him. I just think he.. helooksnice." Jungkook's voice was so low like he doesn't want to admit it to himself. He was trying to not look at other omega's beside Taehyung because he was trying to cleanse his innate belief of the possibility of liking more than one omega at a time. Being that he was set to be Taehyung's chosen husband with the help of the King, he didn't want to let him and his parents down. He was sticking to his guns. He likes Taehyung, that's it.