Neko!Reader x Reiner: Adopt Me!

Requested by Foxys_girl5661, ImaBowlOfSoup, and Bladeheart who all wanted a Reader x Reiner!
And to sugar_love who wanted a Neko!Reader.

Enjoy!

This was absolutely horrible. Not only was the pet shop filled with customers eager to find the perfect pet to adopt for Christmas, not one of them came by your pen to look at you. Everyone was entranced by the Inus in the other section.

"Humph." You said, "Those humans have no taste. I'm a pure breed." You gloated before you began grooming yourself.

"Don't worry, (y/n)." Bertolt, the shop manager, said while placing a glass of milk and a plate of cookies inside your pen. You took one and nibbled on it, allowing Bertolt to pet you. "I'm sure you'll be adopted someday."

You rolled your eyes, "I'm an exotic Neko, Bertolt. Do not expect me to act all childish like a kitten." You said as your tail swished back and fort. Bertolt chuckled as a reply and left to tend the customers. You were then left to groom yourself in peace.

The bell on the door jingled, indicating that another customer had entered. You dared not to look up since you knew he'd just go to the Inu's pen. And you were right. The built blonde man chatted with the German Shepherd Inu named Eren. He ruffled the dog's hair before he, to your surprise, went to the Neko's pen.

For a slight second, your heart buzzed up in excitement, thinking that the man might have a liking to you and finally adopt you. Yet your pride slapped that thought away. You aimlessly continued grooming while the man browsed through the pen, chatting with some of the neko from time to time.

You were certain he liked that Neko next to your pen, she was a Sand Cat Neko who's name was Annie. Yet it looked like Annie didn't like him, she kept hissing at him to go away.

"Ah, I'm sorry, Reiner. Annie's a bit hostile." Bertolt apologized. The man shook his head and chuckled before he went to your pen.

"Well aren't you adorable?" Reiner called, your ears stood up and your tail bushed up a bit. His voice sounded cool in your ears and you found yourself attracted to them.

"This is (y/n). She's a purebreed, her kind is very rare in this town." Bertolt informed.

"I'll have you know, as most Nekos do, I don't clean or care. The owner cares for me." You boasted.

"That's slightly amusing." Reiner chuckled before he left, you stood there, dumbfounded. Well, he didn't adopt you, now what?

Sulk? You weren't cute enough?

"Oh my gosh, (y/n). You cannot be falling for him!" You cried to yourself. You glanced at Reiner who was checking out Neko toys and blushed. You pawed your cheeks and mewled.

"Fine. I'll force him to adopt me!"

To your luck, Reiner visited again the following day. He did what he did yesterday and now he was talking to you.

"Hello, Reiner!" You cheerfully greeted.

"Whoah. What kind of milk did you drink? You're awfully giddy today." Reiner chuckled.

"That's because you're here, silly!" You giggled, swishing your tail back and fort, "Say. Did you know that I'm a really good cook?"

"Then the person who'll adopt you will surely be happy." Reiner said and left to look at Neko accesories. You sat there with a pout and groaned.

The same thing repeated the following day but now you went directly.

"Reiner! Adopt me! Can you not see how perfect we are for one another?! Look at how popular you will be if I become yours!" You cried. Reiner just smiled and petted you, commenting on your appearance for today and left after buying catnip.

You began to lose hope when Reiner would leave everyday with a Neko Item. Did he already own a Neko? That's a shame. How could he pass on such a beauty such as yourself?! That man has issues unknown.

Reiner's visits soon felt like stabs. He'd come to tease you, then decline your proposal and leave after buying a Neko Item. Was this just a joke? That has to be it.

Reiner visited once more, he smiled when he saw you playing with a toy mouse on a chair. You caught his glance and turned your attention back to the toy.

"Hello, (y/n)!" Reiner greeted. But you turned away from him. Reiner raised a brow and shrugged. He continued talking until you interrupted him.

"Haven't you had enough?" You said, ears laid flat on your head. "You come everyday to tease me, deny my want and leave. That's all you ever do."

"(y/n)?"

"Isn't this just too cruel?! Stop belittiling my love, Reiner! Do you know how much this hurts me?!" You cried, tears rolling down your cheeks. "If you're just going to keep on bullying me, I suggest you stop coming to my pen! I get how you don't want me, you don't have to rub it in!"

You could tell Reiner wanted to say something but he bit his lips and walked away. He purchased a (favorite color) collar and left.

Over the next couple of weeks, Reiner did not come. You felt relieved yet sad at the same time. Maybe you were too harsh on him.

You decided to take a nap and when you woke up, Bertolt was looking excited.

"What's going on?" You asked.

"Oh (y/n)! You're finally getting adopted!" Bertolt squealed.

"Oh..."

"What's wrong, (y/n)? Don't you want to be adopted?" He asked.

"I do...but it's probably not Reiner..."

Bertolt grinned and forced you outside to meet your new owner. When you saw him, you immediately started to cry. Reiner was signing your papers when he caught you crying. He ran up to you and wiped your tears away. You noticed the bags under his eyes.

"Had to work extra hours for extra cash. Those Neko items sure are expensive." Reiner explained, you hugged him tight.

"Stupid, I could've lived perfectly with a book, food and you as my pillow." You said.

"You said you were a purebreed so I'll give you what is best." Reiner said as he handed the papers back to Bertolt who happily took them. Reiner made you wear the collar he bought the other day and you both went home hand in hand.

Okay, okay. Cats are majestic.

Have any chapter or character request? Feel free to tell me about them in the comments or PM me!

Sylvia-Danchou is out, peace!