Princess!Reader x Thief!Levi: Arabian Nights

Requested by Levi_No_Waifu!
This isn't gonna be an Aladdin based story, Trainees. I ain't making Levi sing 'A Whole New World'. Sorry Lumlum~

Enjoy!

You sighed quiety as you paced around your room. Your father had brought in another suitor earlier and you have had it with marrying strangers. You wanted to love someone who loved you for who you are, not your title or riches.

"To hell with the law!" You growled, throwing a pillow at the door, which opened, making the person get hit by the pillow.

"(y/n)." Your father sighed and held the pillow that hit him. "I know you're upset with not finding a suitor but-"

"I don't want a suitor, father!" You cried. "I want to go out there and find the person who is right for me! I don't want to marry strangers! I want to marry someone who would be willing to marry me for who I am! Not because I am rich or that I am the princess!

Your father sighed for the upteenth time since this morning, he massages his temples and leaned back on your bed frame. "Daughter, I understand your longging but the law indicates that a princess must marry a prince!"

"To hell with the law then! You're the sultan, you have the power to change every thing!" You yelled.

You father shook his head and finally had enough. "(y/n). You are a princess, and your duty is to follow the law! Just because I'm Sultan, does not mean I change the law just because I want to! And if you don't find a suitor until your eighteenth birthday, you will be stripped off of your title!" And with that, your father left while slamming the door.

You whimpered and sobbed, frustrated as you threw anything you could lay your hands on. But if it means stripping your title off just to find your one true love, so be it. You grabbed a commoner's costume you had prepared and ran to the balcony.

Jumping off, you were caught by your faithful magic carpet. It dropped you off by the middle of an alley and went on its way. Surely, it wouldn't tell on you. You ran as far as you can until you reached a friend's home.

You knocked on the door thrice and it opened, to reveal the palace's doctor, Hanji Zoe.

"Princess (y/n)?! What in heavens are-"

"Shh! Please let me inside, I'll explain there." You pleaded, Dr. Hanji opened her mouth to say something but decided not to, she opened the door and led you inside.

She told you to sit anywhere you'd like as she went to get you a beverage. You sat near the corner where a rug and a pile of pillows were placed. The door suddenly opened and someone familliar to you had entered.

"Princess (y/n)?" Armin, the palace's musician, called. His face puzzled. You waved and sighed.

"She just arrived moments ago. Come sit down, Armin. I have some herbal juice I'd like for you to try." Hanji said as she appeared with a tray of a jug and cups. Armin sat before you and Hanji sat next to him, placing the tray down and filling the cups with green liquid. Hanji gave you both a cup and propped her knee up so she could hug it.

"So? Explain." Hanji said.

"W-well...suitors. My father is finding me suitors once more." You frowned, "I don't want to get married to a stranger!"

"No one does, (y/n)." Armin sighed, he was one of the few people you could trust and he was also your best friend, so that gave him the privilage to call you without a title, much to your liking. "Everybody wants to be with someone who'll love them for who they are."

"Indeed. But that doesn't mean you should run away. Be considerate of your father, (y/n). The sultan has a problem with his health, do you think when he finds out that his daughter was missing could help his health?" Hanji frowned.