Now - Brotherly Analogical

TW: Mentioms of a Drunk Parent, Running Away, Jumping from a Roof

Second part of Soon.

Say, should I make a part 3 or turn it into a book? I don't want to let one story take up a OneShot book, but it's really up to you, lol.

Waiting. Waiting can be easy. Time  seems to pass by rather quickly when you're having fun, as they say. But when you're eager. Excited and perturbed over every little sound.

It was all a game. A sick game as the window taunted the brothers, golden light spilling in as the sun disappeared and the moon replaced it. Their father could be heard stumbling about the house.

The older of the two didn't dare take his eyes off of the locked door.

Logan looked at the clock on the nightstand, the big bold numbers reading: 6:30 pm. The five year old moving to watch the stars come to life.

But as he stood up, the anxious and quiet teen grabbed his wrist to stop his movements. His grip on the glasses wearing child firm but no where near constricting. "Not yet." he whispered, the loud slurs and bangs of the drunken man below them reducing to heavy steps and a soft thud of the couch.

It had only been a couple of weeks since the incident. The inseparable pair hiding away in their shared room.

Planning was the hardest part for Virgil. He needed to find a way to make money or a place to stay before the government got a hold of the two. Eventually though, he did find a job as a cashier at a bakery. Turns out lying about his age wasn't as hard as it seemed. The workplace wasn't too far from their small town either.

Not too far in a car, at least.

No, he can make it. They would be fine.

"One toy, Lo-Lo. That's it." Virgil mumbled, letting him go as he grabbed the bags from under his bed.

Scurrying to his side of the room, the young boy looked at his options. Chewing his lip, Logan settled for the soft prince plush. The small and red silky sash feeling familiar and safe to him. "'M sorry, but I can only take one of you." he mumbled to his other options.

Virgil draped his bag over his shoulder, helping Logan put his smaller one on. "Listen to me, Little Professor. You're gonna have to be brave, yeah? Can you be brave for me?" he asked as he opened the window, the tone in the teens voice soft and encouraging.

Logan tightened his hold on the toy, nodding and watching Virgil climbed out and onto the roof.

Fixing his glasses out of nervousness, the five year old followed. Being sure to keep his eyes locked on his brothers back rather than the ground.

Virgil quietly lead the way towards the fence, glancing back to check on the other before climbing down successfully. "This is it, Four Eyes. You have to jump. I'll catch you I promise."

Logan swallowed thickly, peaking out over the edge and noticing the fence Virgil had climbed was too far from his reach. The solid ground terrifying him. "I... I cant, Vv."

"Yes you can, little one. Please. Trust me, Lo, I will not let you fall. Ever."

Nervously, he dropped his bag and the doll, the items successfully being caught. "It's all you, Bubba."

Logan tightened his grip on the edge of the roof, his stomach twisting and heart pounding against his rib cage. His ears rang, blocking out anything and everything around him. Slowly standing up, he closed his eyes. "Don't let me fall, Vv."

Virgil kicked his own bag to the side, arms out and ready to catch his baby brother. "Never."

And with that, the small child took a deep breath and leaped off of the roof. The wind against his skin cold and his stomach raising as gravity pulled him towards his destination.

Stay the fuck home and stream Level of concern by twentyonepilots