Chapter 13

-Alex's POV-

I lay awake with Ivy wrapped in my arms, listening to her slow breathing. For once in my life I didn't actually feel like trying to fuck, I just wanted to be here to comfort her. She needs it.

I think back to the events that took place at The Base. Elijah. The man he killed was Joe's uncle, Christopher, the man who owns The Base. I didn't want to tell Ivy that just yet, I don't think she would cope. There in no way in hell that whoever Elijah even was would be able to figure out Ace's plans unless he was somehow involved with him, and Ace doesn't usually like having 'loose ends' so I would assume he is in the gang. I know how their shit works, when they go for 'territory', they send someone - someone they trust, someone that is high up in the ranks- to 'discuss business' with the manager and then they kill them before taking over the rest of the establishment with their team. My best guess was that Elijah was a member of The Kings. Not to mention that he knew that Ace knew who Ivy was.

I was going to tell her in the car last night but she was already just so emotional. I may not even need to tell her, now that I think about it. The chances of Elijah actually coming back to see her are very slim, that is if he is a member of The Kings. They tend not to have any personal connections outside of the gang because it simply never ends well.

I feel Ivy begin to stir and she lets out a soft groan as her eyes flutter open.

-Ivy's POV-

I rouse from a heavy slumber and I am first aware of the warmth next to me and weight next to me and the smell of Alex's lynx. Ya know how all the oldies say that the best smell is the smell of freshly baked bread? Well, the teenage equivalent to that has got to be boys' cologne. Alex had his arm draped lazily over my stomach and my head was resting on his arm while holding my hand.

"Morning Princesa," he murmurs - with a seriously sexy morning voice, might I add - into my hair. Someone like me (aka the girl who wakes up looking like one of the orks from Lord of the Rings after they had been hit by a truck) finds it quite hard to comprehend how someone could look quite so majestic this early in the goddamn morning. Maybe that is why I spent about a good, creepy minute or so blatantly staring at him and his abs in all their perfectly sculpted glory.
I glance at the alarm clock on the desk and groan, all thoughts of Alex's abs and jawline vanishing from my mind. "It's seven fucking thirty on a Sunday morning and we are awake," I groan, nuzzling my head into his arm. He just chuckles and draws circles on my palm.

Every single bone in my body was screaming at me to move, to at least stop holding his bloody hand but I didn't want to. I was so damn comfortable and warm and he had yet to make any dirty jokes yet.

My mind goes to Elijah but I immediately shut down all the thoughts. It is too damn early for all that bullshit. "Mmm. That feels nice," I mumble as Alex moves from my palm to the inside of my wrist, still tracing patterns. He smirks. "You wanna know what else will feel nice?" He whispers seductively, his hand slipping under my hoodie and slowly moving down to the band of my shorts. My hand almost immediately lands on his to stop him and roll over to face him. Oh hell no.

He wore his signature smirk and mischievous eyes as he brings our hands up, interlacing our fingers once again and bringing them to his lips, placing a small kiss on my knuckles. Heat creeps onto my cheeks. His lips were so soft that I was officially convinced that he used chap stick or something. Did he really just kiss my hand? Really? Alex? My hand? I mean, it's cute and all but even my brain was awkwardly blushing at this point. He lets go of my hand and wraps his arm tightly around my waist, pulling me even closer. 

See, this is wrong on so many levels, but I just don't want to leave. I mean, I'm cuddling with my roommate for fucks sake! Maybe this is all some weird, delusional dream and I'm actually still asleep or something.