ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ

The next day was Christmas

The next day was Christmas. Patrick and I left the zoo relatively early this morning, so we could be back at my parent's house before the LA traffic got too bad.

Christmas day was a big deal in our family. My Uncle Russell and Aunt Ciara came over for the day and we all had a lowkey day spent together.

It's a tradition for my family to dress up for Christmas every year. I wore a red, white, and green flannel shirt, a diamond necklace, a dark blueish greenish poofy pleated skirt, and a black pair of heels with an ankle strap.

Patrick matched me almost perfectly. He wore the same flannel shirt as me, a gray suit jacket over the flannel, a pair of dark blue dress pants, and a pair of gray dress shoes. We looked like a couple straight out of a hallmark Christmas movie.

"Wow, look at you two." My mom said with a smile as she watched us walk down the stairs from our room upstairs. My mom was wearing a red velvet dress with red heels to match. "You guys are the most gorgeous couple." My mom stated happily, I smiled at my mom before I spoke.

"Thanks mom." I said with a sweet smile.

I walked over to her as my heels clickled against the hardwood floor. My mom smiled and hugged me before she spoke again.

"Merry Christmas baby." My mom said to me sweetly before she turned her attention to Patrick.

"Patrick honey, you look so handsome." My mom said while walking towards Patrick, giving him a loving hug. "Merry Christmas." My mom said to Patrick sweetly, Patrick smiled and hugged my mom back tenderly.

"Merry Christmas to you too. Thank you so much for having me." Patrick said sweetly after their brief hug.

"Oh please." My mom scoffed before continuing. "You're welcome here anytime." My mom said seriously to Patrick with a sweet smile before turning to me. "So Uncle Russ and Aunt Cece will be here shortly, when they get here we'll do gifts. And then whenever your father returns from the grocery store, we'll all sit down for dinner." My mom informed Patrick and I with a smile. I nodded in understanding before answering my mom.

"Okay, sounds good." I responded sweetly to my mom.

My mom went back into the kitchen to resume the meal she was cooking us all for later. Jordan and Lola came out of the kitchen and walked into the living room where Patrick and I were standing.

"Woah Savannah, you look amazing." Lola said with wide eyes and a smile. "And you look totally hot Patrick, sorry Rae." Lola said with an apologetic smile. Patrick and I chuckled at Lola's comment.

"Thanks Lola." I said with a smile.

"Well, thank you." Patrick said after me while still laughing a little. Jordan shook his head at Lola before he spoke.

"You two are a beautiful couple, don't listen to Lola." Jordan said with a smile. Lola's mouth opened and her eyes widened at Jordan's comment.

"I didn't say they weren't a good looking couple Jord." Lola spat while crossing her arms at Jordan.