ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

Today was week seven in the regular season, and I was beyond hyped

Today was week seven in the regular season, and I was beyond hyped. After yesterday I was in such a good mood and I couldn't wait to cheer on Patrick and the rest of the team. Today we played the Broncos in Denver, at their stadium.

Not being able to stick my landings really did frustrate me, but right now it was on the back burner in my mind. I was finally Patrick's girlfriend and I wasn't gonna let anything ruin this moment. Olivia, Sydney, and I were sitting on the bench in the sidelines of the Broncos stadium.

We came a little early so we could beat the crowd. Since the three of us were alone, I thought now would be the perfect time to tell them about Patrick and I.

"Guys, I have big news." I admitted suddenly as I grinned from ear to ear, flashing them a happy smile. Sydney and Olivia turned towards me as they sat next to me on the bench.

"Ooo really?" Olivia asked me curiously with a smile.

"Okay, what is it?" Sydney asked me eagerly. I smiled at both of them before telling them the big news.

"Patrick and I are dating. It's finally official." I said quietly. Sydney and Olivia both screamed with excitement.

"Girl yes! Finally!" Olivia shouted excitedly.

"Yess! It's about damn time." Sydney yelled out with a playful smile. I laughed at their excited reactions.

"So, how did he ask you?" Olivia asked me curious about all the details. I smiled and looked at her before answering her question.

"He asked me to go to Mary Ann's wedding with him as his girlfriend." I said happily while looking at my two best friends.

"Aw Van, that's so sweet." Sydney said happily. I nodded in agreement before responding.

"Yeah, it was." I stated with a smile as I recalled the exact moment I had briefly described.

I was really happy that Patrick and I were finally together, but a small part of me thought this whole situation was just too good to be true. I didn't know if this was the natural pessimist in me coming out or what, but I wasn't gonna let my negative thoughts ruin how I was feeling.

The first quarter of the game went pretty normal. Patrick made good plays as usual, and put ten points on the board for the Chiefs.

The second quarter had a slow start, but Patrick managed to get the ball into the red zone. It was 4th & 1 and Patrick decided to try and run the ball into the end zone himself, a play commonly known as a quarterback sneak. His attempt didn't quite work in his favor, he came up just short for the touch down.

At first glance the play looked like a regular tackle made by a swarm of players, but to my dismay that simply wasn't the case. The players got up and off of the pile one by one, revealing Patrick underneath motionless and unable to get up.