ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ

The car ride back to Kansas City after the game wasn't too bad, but it was still long

The car ride back to Kansas City after the game wasn't too bad, but it was still long. Patrick drove the whole way this time, we only made a couple stops along the way.

After eight long hours of being in the car we finally arrived home in Kansas City. The excitement was finally setting in, the flight from Kansas City to LA would only take about three hours. I couldn't wait to see my family and soak up the California sunshine.

Patrick and I were each packing a suitcase for a weeks worth of summertime clothing. It definitley felt weird to be packing summer attire when there was snow outside our window.

I threw some shoes into my suitcase and zipped it up. I had finally finished packing after basically emptying our closet of my clothes.

I sat on the the edge of our bed and watched Patrick finish packing. I smiled at him before I spoke.

"Soo are you excited to be in Cali for Christmas?" I asked Patrick with a smile. Patrick chuckled and smiled before he answered my question.

"Yeah for sure, it's definitley a first for me." Patrick said while looking at me similing. I stood up and walked towards Patrick with a smile on my face.

"What about my family? Are you excited to meet them too?" I asked Patrick playfully as I wrapped my arms around his torso hugging him sweetly. Patrick nodded while smiling down at me.

"Oh yeah for sure. I can only hope I'll be as big of a hit with your family as you were with mine." Patrick said while smiling widely at me as he wrapped his arms around me, hugging me back. I smiled and nodded at his comment.

"Don't worry, knowing my track record with boyfriends you'll surpass their expectations I'm sure of it." I said while chuckling slightly. Patrick furrowed his brow and smiled curiously at me before he spoke.

"What, did you only date losers before me or something?" Patrick laughed as he continued packing.

I sat back down on our bed and sighed. I knew we would have to have this conversation sooner or later, but I was avoiding it truthfully.

"Yeah, something like that." I answered flatly. Patrick scoffed at my answer as he zipped up his suitcase.

"You dated losers? Nah, I don't believe that for one second." Patrick said while smiling widely.

I laughed at Patrick's sweet assumption, but unfortunately I'm a lot dumber than I look.

"My ex of about five years ago wasn't a loser per say, he was just extremely abusive physically and emotionally. I kind of haven't dated anyone ever since, except for you.." I said with a small smile trying to make light of the situation. Patrick's eyes widened at my statement.

"Savannah, why didn't you tell me about this before now?" Patrick asked me full of concern as he sat next to me on our bed.

I shrugged at his question. I did want to tell him, but I just didn't wanna ruin the fairytale I was living in while being with Patrick.