sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

A/N: Be sure to check out the youtube video I linked above to see what Savannah's tumble routine looks like!😊----

----

Today was game day, the first home game that Patrick will play in since his knee injury. The last two weeks have been away games, I was excited to see the energy in Arrowhead today at home with Patrick being back on the field.

I might have been excited for Patrick, but boy was I nervous to perform my routine. A good nervous, but still, knowing no other NFL cheerleading squad had done anything like this was a little nerve wrecking.

I spent the last couple days adding some dance moves into my routine to perfect it, and now I finally have it all down pat. I knew I was ready to perform, as long as my nerves didn't get the best of me that is.

Today's game was against the Vikings, the saving grace for my performance was that we were at home for this game. My thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Vanna. Don't worry, you're gonna kill it." Sydney reassured me as she put an arm on my shoulder.

We stood in the locker room changing and preparing for today's game. I nodded and smiled at her in response.

"Yeah, I know." I said with a smile, feeling confident in myself.

"Good." Sydney said with a wink before she headed out onto the field.

"You comin' Van? The game starts in like 5 minutes." Olivia asked me worriedly as I stayed sitting on the bench in the locker room, with my red sparkly leotard on. I just nodded at her and smiled.

"Yeah, I just need a minute." I answered her sweetly, there was something about the peace and quiet in the locker room that helped ease my mind. Olivia nodded in understanding before she responded.

"Alright babe, but be out on the field two minutes before kick off." Olivia said as she carried her pom poms out onto the field.

When she left the locker room I sighed and closed my eyes, trying to purge all the negative thoughts from my mind.

My peaceful state of mind was quickly ruined by the sound of the locker room door opening.

I could hear the sound of cleats clicking on the floor nearby. I stood up preparing myself for who I might see.

Around the corner comes Patrick, I was not expecting to see him considering the game was only minutes away.

My eyes widen at the sight of him, he was in full uniform as if he was ready to go onto the field, minus his helmet.

"What are you doing in here? Shouldn't you be getting ready for kickoff?" I asked full of shock that he was standing in front of me right now.

The rest of the games from here on out were very important, they would decide who would be in the playoffs. Patrick was breathing heavily, indicating he ran pretty fast to get here.