ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

Today was the big day, the day where I was going to meet Patrick's family for the first time

Today was the big day, the day where I was going to meet Patrick's family for the first time. I was super excited, but I also felt like I wanted to vomit all at once. It was the weirdest feeling, I had never felt anything like this before.

Patrick's family lived in Texas, the same town he grew up in, which was about a ten hour drive from Kansas City. Today marked exactly a week before Christmas.

Patrick and I were planning on staying in Texas for a couple days so we could get a break from driving countless hours, but also so that Patrick could spend some time with his family just before the holidays.

Patrick and I had been living together for about a week now, and it's been amazing so far. We've been spending a lot more quality time together, and we've been getting along very well. I honestly couldn't ask for a better person by my side than Patrick.

"Babe, you ready to get going?" Patrick asked me as I finished packing a bag of last minute essential items. I nodded and smiled at him in response as I zipped the bag closed.

"Now I am." I said with a smile as I sat on the edge of mine and Patrick's bed, letting out a huge sigh. Patrick sat next to me and put an arm around me.

"What's wrong?" Patrick asked me with a smile as he pulled me into his arms.

"I just really hope your family likes me.. It's important to me." I said as I looked at Patrick full of concern. Patrick smiled sweetly at me before he spoke.

"They're gonna love you, trust me." Patrick whispered before giving me a passionate yet sweet kiss on my lips for just a few short seconds. His sweet and delicious kiss made me smile.

"If you say so." I whispered back to Patrick sweetly with a huge grin on my face. Patrick smiled, stood on his feet, and grabbed our bags, putting them over his shoulder.

"Come on, let's get on the road." Patrick said as he held his hand out to me.

I smiled and put my hand in his as he lead me out of our bedroom and out into the garage. I got in the passengers side of Patrick's car as he threw our bags in the back seat.

"You ready?" Patrick asked me as he got in the drivers seat and put on a pair of oakley sunglasses. I smiled at my kind and handsome boyfriend before I leaned in to kiss him.

"More than ready." I answered Patrick with a smile as I pulled away from our quick kiss slowly. Patrick smiled at me before putting the car in reverse and backing out of our driveway.

I didn't know what the next couple days had in store for us, but I was excited to meet the people who meant the most to Patrick. I just hoped they were as excited to meet me as I was to meet them.

The car ride to Whitehouse Texas was a long and tedious ten hour drive. Patrick and I took turns driving throughout the trip, he drove five hours and I drove four hours.