Love

FLO

My eyes burst open, everything too bright for me to cope with.

My arms connected to several machines and a fresh smell filling the air.

I was in a hospital.

My mother was next to me on one side, clutching my hand as if it was all she had left. On the other, there was Noah. Several doctors kept buzzing in and out.

"She's awake !!", one doctor exclaimed.

"Baby.."my moms eyes welled up with tears.

Noah.

Noah had legs ?

What the hell.

He was definitely a foot taller than everyone in the room, and I could faintly see the luminescent glow around his jawline.

He saw my eyes open and whispered.

"You did it Flo, you saved us all"

Oh. My. God..

I had saved every single trapped mer. 

"I'll explain everything when you're better, I promise"

I cant reply because of the tight, gas mask, forced onto my face. A small tear trembles down my cheek.

Noah turns to leave, but stumbled over his own feet. 

I was so confused.

My mother then turns to him. "Here" and she handed him a wheel chair leaning on one side of the room I was in. Noah comfortably lowered himself down into it. "Thanks Mrs N" He said. Mom then shook one of his hands, her face warming as she did so. What about the webs between his fingers ? Why didn't my mom have a reaction?

"I know everything sweetheart" My mom whispered softly, running her fingers through my hair. "You have been in a coma for two weeks".

WHAT THE HELL.

"Why did you do it ?" She said quizzing me.

I obviously couldn't talk with a mask full of fake air on.

I thought to myself softly for a moment. Closing my eyes, enjoying a moment full of mindfulness. Why did I do it ? The question ringing in my head, like a school bell.

Noah. I did it for Noah.

Because, I loved him.