~Chapter 11~

This Chapter is written from Noahs point of view. I wanted to change things up a bit aha ! Leave a comment on what you think is going to happen next - Livvy xx

"holy sharks! Saffy, I'm such an idiot!" I slammed my palm into my forehead. "Why would I just throw her a seashell like that. She probably hates me"

"Noah, don't worry, she will be back. I promise" she reassured me.

We both slipped off underwater, the sharp coldness sending my body into a mini electric shock. I missed it when we could swim in the warm water underneath fresh air and sun.

I swam past the glass wall of the dome. I reached out my palm so that my finger tips skimmed the glass. I was thinking about Flo.

A camera flashed. I jumped back. I almost forgot where I was, I was thinking so deeply. I quickly swam away from the wall and the 'audience' I had.

Bubbles skimmed around me as I swam. I swam back to the circle of mers, Saff was giving them a talk about something. The other mers were well aware of everything going on. 

Everything felt as if it was all a dream. The fact that I was meant to be king, the fact that I was imprisoned with a bunch of my people, the fact that I was millions of miles away from my family and the fact that I had met Flo. My head was buzzing with memories of her and me.

"Prince Noah.. Are you ok ?" Alma said sympathetically. 

Alma is my mothers best friend. 

"I'm fine Alma.. and how many times do I have to tell you, just call me Noah, I'm not much of a prince in here" I sighed.

Alma lowered her head slightly. I couldn't tell if it was a nod or if she was bowing.

I looked around me. Desperate mers, wanting answers. Looking at me for an escape.

Since Saffy had got here, things had been a lot easier. Even though she was three years younger than me, she seemed way more responsible. 

Slowly a mer swam away from the group and up closer to me and Saffron, who were floating infront of the huddle. Her name was Estelle, she had made friends with us since we moved to this aquarium and she was pretty confident of herself.

"Uhh so do we actually have a plan for escaping this dungeon ?" She looked down cooly at her perfectly shiny nails. 

A few other mers nodded in agreement with her. I ran my hands through my hair and took a breath, bubbles trailing up as I did so.

"I don't know, but some day I will make it home, and so will you" I said in a powerful voice.

I swam away from the pod, needing some privacy but Saffron chased after me. 

"Noah, please" Saff exclaimed.

"Saff, can I just get some alone time !"

I had so much to think about. 

A little crowd of humans had started to form on the other side of the barrier. We looked sheepishly at each other and swam to the back of the dome.

"Noah, I think you should know something" She said very seriously and quieter. We didn't need to drag anymore attention to ourselves.

"Fine !! What ?" I shouted.

"Tomorrow, is our anniversary of being captured" She said quietly. "Surely the aquarium staff know this and they're planning something for tomorrow. Just get some rest. For us, tommorows not going to be any fun"

Tomorrow, I would have spent five years in captivity. Five years without privacy. At this moment in time I really needed my mom to give me a hug or my dad to ruffle my hair and tell me things would be ok. I am such an idiot. I took my siblings out and got them into this whole situation.

With that she swam back into the pod and grabbed a merboy into a hug. Jeez. I knew her and Machi, the merboy were close, but they looked very serious. He was running his hands through her hair in empathy.

I swam over to a wall of coral, which was right next to the glass, and I lied there for a bit, my head buzzing with thoughts. I felt so so homesick. I missed the large kelp forests I would play in with my friends. I miss the different people I got to meet. I even missed the responsibilities I had.

Everything was fine until a group of teenage guys, about my age showed up. They were knocking and banging their fists on the glass wall. I raised my hair and swam up to the glass, trying to ignore them. They carried on knocking. It was getting very very annoying.

One of them started laughing at how agitated I was getting, which embarrassed me. I wasnt going to let this go. I knew I should have swam away but I couldn't resist. I stretched up and thwacked my tail as hard as I possibly could on the glass. 

A tiny crack appeared. 

My tail started leaking with green liquid. 

Ugh. I was bleeding.

The boys looked scared now. They were about to run away but then they saw the crack in the glass. It was just about big enough to fit my finger through. Water started seeping out through the crack and onto the outside. 

The boys quickly ran to go and tell the staff what had happened

Crud. 

The merdome was leaking and it was all my fault.