~Chapter 9~

I looked around me. Mers imprisoned everywhere. We were still resting at the top of the dome. Saffy had gone under water to inform the other merpeople and Noah was sitting in silence, fiddling with a piece of seaweed.

I looked over at Cody.

An idea burst into my head.

"Cody, you.. you're free !"

He looked at me, his eyes filling up with excitement. I looked over at Noah who was still resting gently in the water. I ran over to Noah taking his hands.

"We will get you back home", I promised him.

Cody suddenly turned to me, his head was hung low,

He took a deep breath and said, "I can never return to the sea now, since.."

He ran out of words so he simply just raised his leg in the air.

Saffron emerged back up from the water. "She's a Thalassophile!! I can sense it, she loves the ocean so much, she would do anything to save it and its creatures"

My head was bursting, "True, I love the ocean but whats a Thalassophile ?"

Noah heaved himself out of the water so he was sitting directly opposite me. He placed his hands on my shoulders, "Flo, a Thalassophile is a warrior. A warrior of the sea. You are a warrior Flo and you are the one who has to save us"

WHAT!

"But why..why me, i'm nothing but a normal girl", I stammered.

Saffron butted in, "You're the chosen one !!", she looked at Noah, "How weird is that?" she asked him.

"Chosen one ?" I scoffed.

Cody looked up from being quiet, "When a new leader is born in the sea, Mom and Da...., I mean Queen Aurora and King Neptune have to choose a new leader on land"

At this point I was in so much shock I didn't even notice that Cody and Saff had gone back under water.

Noah was still up here with me.

I looked at him and sighed one last question, "Who's the leader of the sea then, maybe they can give me some advice and that would be reall-"

Noah cut me off.

"Flo North, you are guardian of the sea from land. I, Prince Noah of the sea, son of Queen Aurora and King Neptune, am the guardian of the sea until I take my place on the throne to rule"

This was a lot to take in.

My head was spinning.

My heart was pounding.

What was I supposed to do ?