~Chapter 25~

Saffron, Moonwake Aquarium 

Everyones faces dimmed down and I could tell they were thinking about going on with my plan. If they went along, our secret language would be exposed.

"Ah spia, chi ha hngloo bi ? "                       "I said, is everyone ok ?"

Rocky looked at me, his face full of panic. He gulped before saying "Leia".      "Yes"

It was so weird hearing him talk in Benthic.

I carried on talking to the group, keeping them calm and individually asking if they were okay. They all seemed a bit traumitizied, but they were strong. Dr Farr was staring in disbelief.

"Ani dolo bahi, Flo sava como an rahi ahs "     "Any moment now, Flo will come and save us"

 I announced,my whole body shaking with fear. I stretched up in the chair I was sitting in, the metal chains over my wrists aching.

"Stop talking now !!" Dr Farr snapped. 

He hurried over to the counter tops and picked up a sharp needle in his cold palms. He injected a black liquid substance into the tiny bottle. It was hard, sharp and glistering as a sword.

He walked over close up to Rocky and I. His breathing got heavy. I stared up at Dr Farrs hair, as harsh as tropical grass and as grey as ashes.

He was so close I could feel his striking breath against my soft skin. He ran his long, bony fingers through a lock of my silky, brown hair, touching the curl at the end.

"Please..leave them alone. Take me. Experiment on me. Just leave them alone"

"Oh Saffron, if only you would listen," He said in a creepily sweet voice.

He paused, for a split second, I thought he was going to let my people go. But then, he ran the brutal needle into my stomach.

I gasped in shock, my eyebrows creasing. Aquamarine liquid drenched out of me. Great, I was sitting in my own blood.

After a few seconds, everything felt heavy and I was extremely dizzy. I shifted in my seat, the chains painfully jabbing my tail. I was getting weaker and weaker.

"Look what you've done !" Rocky shouted at him. "You're a monster"

He tried reaching out to touch my quivering shoulder, but his chains restricted him. He rested his wrist at my side when all of a sudden Dr Farr grabbed his arm and clenched it hard.

"Don't call me a monster" Dr Farr wickedly laughed before glaring down at his tail.

"People come far and wide just to gawp at you disgusting creatures, if only they could see how rude you were" He stated.

"Please, just let me heal Saffron" Rocky said, willing to expose his power. I shot him a look which said no but he just nodded his head.

"No way." Dr Farr maliciously said, before stabbing Rocky with the needle. 

He suddenly slumped down in his seat and his face furrowed with pain.

"Agh!" He said before his eyes started flickering.

I felt sleepy, but I wasn't giving up. 

I rested my hand on my chair and shot out a power blast. 

I had the power of air, so I tried knocking him down.

Instead, I felt all of my powers draining from inside me.

Alma gifted me with a look which told me everything was going to be ok. I felt awful. 

My eyelids started to feel heavier and heavier, my weak body needing rest.

The door handle started to wobble,  Dr Farr snapped out of his shock and stumbled over to the door. He opened it, with shaking hands before falling backwards. 

"LET THEM GO!" A familiar blonde shouted.

Rocky, dazily, looked over at me, "Flo .."

Flo raised the sceptre in the air, before blasting Dr Farr against the wall. He ran he's fingers through his ashy hair and pulled out thick red blood.

Flo grabbed Almas and Estelles hands before disappearing with them, leaving purple smoke behind.

A few seconds later, Flo returned, alone.

Teleportation.

She grabbed two of the males hands and repeated the process.

It was just Rocky and I left.

Flo returned, but Dr Farr had a needle and started pinning her against a wall. He held it up to her neck.

"Leave immediately, or else" He glared at the substance inside the injection.

Flo raised her sceptre and he raised his needle closer and closer to her neck.

"Flo !! Leave it !" I shouted. "We aren't worth it" "Come back" I pleaded.

Flo gave me a tiring look before thinking. Dr Farr brought the needle closer to her neck, that it was nearly touching.

Her face looked tired, worn out. She hadn't asked to be the guardian. She hadn't have been involved in any of this. I felt truly sorry for her. Suddenly her facial expression changed to one I understood. Helplessness.

She raised her sceptre before disappearing.

I saw a puff of smoke before I got more light headed and saw more blood ooze out of me.

Everything turned pitch black.