~Chapter 18~

Noahs POV

I was sat on the rock on the small beach. I had remembered this beach from when I was just a kid and I would muck around here with my friends before being dragged back home.

I was staring straight into Flos beautiful blue eyes reassuring her I would tell her everything when the time was right.

But now I had one priority. To save our home. According to Lakuna, more and more mers were disappearing every day, my family was in deep grief and the ocean had search parties everywhere. I was about to be the first kidnapped mer returning home. 

When we were ready, Lakuna slid off the rock and did a petite dive into the water, I had not done this in a while so I carefully used my powers to get the water to lift me down. My powers were becoming stronger as I got closer to the ocean.

When I got in the water, I felt a cool sensation take over my whole body, I was so so happy in that moment in time.

Underwater, Lakuna gave me a reassuring nod and had swam in front of me to take me home. 

We were swimming so fast, I felt as If I was flying. Bubbles slid past my cheeks as I cut through the water.

After about twenty minuetes we were floating outside the palace gates. We swiftly swam in.

Lakuna swam ahead of me while I waited round the corner.

"Your majesties" I heard Lakuna say.

"Lakuna, you know you are welcome here anytime but isn't today our day of silence ? Its been five years now" I heard my mother say.

When I heard my moms voice, small tears began to run down my cheeks.

I swam through into the throne room, where my mom was draped across her throne, crying. I stared at my aquamarine throne. It had a crown on it. 

"Mom, I'm home now" I softly said.

Lakuna swiftly swam out of the palace, not wanting to interrupt anything.

My mom turned around.

She froze over in shock, before dropping to the floor.

A moment later she got back up.

"Baby ?? You're back !! Oh Noah my son, you're here" She said, then embraced me into a long hug.

"I love you mom" I told her.

She then stroked her hand past my face,  "You need to tell us everything Noah" she said seriously. She then saw the thick black circles underneath my eyes, from all the restless nights I had experienced. "But first you need sleep"

"Thanks mom, I will speak to you in the morning, maybe the shock will wear down" I then swam straight into my old bedroom. Woah, posters covered the room from when i was eleven. It had been untouched.

I swam straight over to my hammock and wrapped a large kelp leaf around me. 

Tomorrow was going to be a long long day.