C h a p t e r 3 9

I went back to the room, hoping to see Grayson there, but he wasn't. I sighed and went under the covers, wanting to sleep all of what happened today. I was frustrated with myself, and didn't want Grayson to be mad at me, but I knew it was really the opposite. I closed my eyes and tucked the covers in close to me, wishing that everything was okay again.

                                ****

I woke up from a deep sleep, to see a folded up gold dress on the bed. I realised that it was the day of the wedding. I really didn't want to go, but I guess I had to. I got out of bed and took a shower. Once I had finished, I stepped out and wrapped a towel around myself. I blow-dried my hair and then put on moisturiser. I put on a robe and curled my hair, then I applied my makeup on. As I was applying red lipstick on, I heard the door open. Grayson walked in, but stopped when he saw me.
"Hey." I said, not knowing what else to say.
He looked at me once more, before ignoring me and walking out the room. It didn't take a lot to guess that he was still feeling betrayed by me. I ignored the pang of hurt that ran through me and continued getting ready.
Remember to fake a smile Iris.

A few minutes after I had finished getting ready, I heard a knock on the door. I went forward and opened the door to see Matthias standing there all dresses up in a suit.
"Hey Iris. You look beautiful." He gave me a big smile which relieved me, as it showed that he was one less person who was not mad at me,
"Thank you Matthias. You don't look so bad yourself." I said and he smiled and nodded. He offered his arm to me and I looked mine through his.
"So you're watching over me today?" I said and he chuckled slightly.
"Just think of me as your friend taking you to the wedding." He said and I nodded gratefully.

                                ****
The wedding was really beautiful and really royal. The bride looked beautiful in her white dress and the groom was handsome. They both really suited each other and you could tell how in love they were.
An hour later, we were at the reception. I didn't really talk to anyone, although people gave me lingering looks, wondering who I was. I stayed by Matthias' side most of the time. Throughout the whole wedding, my eyes betrayed me and looked for Grayson, however, I didn't see him until Salvatore made everyone go dance.
I decided to stay in the sidelines, but also where I could see everyone dancing.
My eyes finally landed on Grayson and my heart soared when I saw how good he looked in a suit. However, my heart sunk when I saw his hands wrapped around a girl, both of them swaying together on the dance floor.
I wanted to look away, but I couldn't. My eyes stayed on both of them the whole time, my heart sinking even further. I was feeling shaky, but I didn't show it.
"What's a beautiful girl like you doing sitting in the sidelines?"
I looked up to see Ethan in front of me, his hands in his pockets, while he looked at me with concern. I gave him a small smile and he stuck his hand out in front of me.
"Come dance with me." He said and I shook my head. I especially didn't want to dance, knowing that Grayson was there too.
"Come on." Ethan said and I still shook my head. He rolled his eyes at me, before grabbing my hand and pulling me up.
"Ethan!" I whined and he tsked me.
"Just one dance Iris, please." He begged and I gave in.
"Fine." I said and he smiled brightly.

We danced slowly, but my mind was somewhere else. To be more specific, my eyes were on Grayson the whole time. He kept complete eye contact with the other girl the whole time, the both of them laughing and dancing.

"Iris."
"Iris." I heard my name again, and I brought back my attention to Ethan.
I saw pity cross his eyes and I sighed.
"I'm going to go get a drink, you go dance with someone else." I said and he nodded.
I went and grabbed a drink and went back to sit at the table I was sat at before.
I sipped my drink slowly, it quenching my thirst.
"So you're Iris Juanita." I heard a deep voice next to me, and I was startled when I saw a man with a big beer belly who seemed to be in his mid fifties next to me. Only thing was, he was very close to me. I assumed that he was drunk and shuffled back slightly.
"Um yes." I said uncomfortably.
"I'm Salvatore Maranzono." He slurred and stuck his hand out for me to shake. Before I could get a chance to, Marcello appeared behind me. He slapped both of his palms on Salvatore's shoulders, a bit too hard that Salvatore shook and swayed a bit. If I wasn't feeling so down, I probably would've laughed at his reaction.
"Salvatore! Come on, I need to talk to you about a few things." Marcello said and escorted Salvatore away from me. I shot Marcello a grateful smile, and he in turn, nodded at me.

I sighed and went back to my drink. I downed all of it down, and went back to looking for Grayson. Big mistake. I watched as he stepped closer to the girl and I got a sick feeling at the back of my throat.

He wouldn't kiss her, right?

I tried to reassure myself, but it wasn't helping as my mind was swarming with negative thoughts and my heart was breaking slightly.
At this point, I knew I was staring. I was taken aback when Grayson averted his eyes to look at me. His eyes were piercing into my own and I couldn't look away. Yet, he was moving his head closer to the girl. Any closer and they would be kissing.
I quickly looked away when both of their heads moved closer together and I knew they were kissing now. I ended up staring hard at the table in front of me. I clenched my jaw, willing not to start crying right there and then. I stood up and decided to go to the toilets, and I didn't know why for the life of me I looked towards their direction again. I regretted it as both of their lips were locked tightly. A few stray tears slipped down my face, and I quickly fast walked to the toilets.
I looked at myself in the mirror and let all the tears flow down my face freely.

I wish I had never been caught up in this lifestyle.

I wish I never met Grayson.

A/N:
Feel free to follow me!!
Hope you guys enjoyed!
Vote! Comment! Share!
Until then ♠️