Chapter 3

I woke up in a comfortable king sized bed. The lights were dimmed to a low sea blue colour, which gave it a peaceful and calm atmosphere.
There was a beautiful view of the city outside with all of the lights on. The curtains were softly draped on each side. The bedroom I was in was huge and I looked to my left to see a huge closet.
I frowned as I wondered what happened to me after the club.

Where's Zara?

I was still in the same clothes that I wore to the club. The door opened and in walked Grayson. Flashbacks of meeting him ran through my head.

He looked towards me and stared straight at me. He was still staring at me as he took his suit jacket off. His muscles flexed when he took it off.
I thought he was going to undress completely, but he just swung the suit jacket onto the back of a chair and walked towards me, still holding my gaze.

He sat on the edge of the bed, so close to me that I could feel his warmth. I gulped as I couldn't hold his gaze anymore and I looked down at my hands.

"What happened?" I asked and my voice came out raspy. He glanced beside the bed and grabbed a glass of water, he passed it to me to drink. I took it from him and drank it all, surprised to see how thirsty I was.

"So you're Nicolàs' daughter." He said and I frowned.

What the hell?

"No. My father's name is Samuel." I said and he stared at me for a moment before shaking his head.

"You don't know do you?" He asked, looking like he had just realised something.

"Know what?" I asked and he narrowed his eyes at me.
"Where am I? Where's my friend and what happened?" I asked exasperated, annoyed that he wasn't telling me anything.
He stood up and sighed, tucking his hands into his trouser pockets. His eyes skimmed over me from my face right down to my legs before meeting my eyes again.

"I wouldn't trust that friend of yours if I was you." He said.

"Excuse me?" I asked surprised that he would say that.

"She's not a good person to trust. She's the reason why you're here now." He said and I rolled my eyes not wanting to believe him, but for some reason, I was getting a bad feeling.

"You might not believe me, but the reason why you blacked out is because she told the bartender to slip a substance into your drink yesterday." He said and my eyebrows shot up in shock.

"What?" I asked feeling numb.

He's lying.

I tried to scan his face to catch him out for lying, but he held the same blank expression.

"All I had was a glass of water. It tasted fine." I said and he chuckled, looking towards me and shook his head.

"You'd be surprised at what people can do with drugs these days." He said as if I was a little child. I scowled at him for a second before looking away.

"What were you doing at the club tonight?" He asked as he came towards me again.

"She wanted me to come to come to the club because she wanted to forget about her day." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"What an excuse," Grayson mutters, "I don't think you should go to your house. You need to stay here for a few days." He said frowning.

I stood up and faced him, anger quickly running through my veins. "What? No. Who are y—"

He came towards me, towering over me, his face angry. Before I knew it, he had backed me into a wall with his arms on either side of my head.

"Unless you want to fucking die sweetheart, I suggest you stay here." He said, his voice going deeper. He genuinely looked scary and I tried pressing myself more into the wall.